Asia Pacific Stocks

No, baidu still sucks.

1 Like

I found a name for @wuqijun’s fear of diversification: diworsification.

2 Likes

Anyhoo, the big fight would be over who would dominate live video streaming everything. Still early to say who would win eventually. Place your bet :slight_smile:

definitely not IQ :slight_smile:

manch,

Is BZUN or MOMO SHOP of China?

3 Major Reasons IQ Stock Is Tanking

Lofty Expectations, Turbulent Geopolitics and Tough Competition.

They say BZUN is SHOP of China. But BZUN’s customers are mostly big foreign firms.

1 Like

These guys you quoted don’t have any stakes in the names they wrote about. Just some random musings.

BIDU - Google of China
JD - AMZN of China
TCEHY - FB + AWS of China
IQ - NFLX (+YT) of China
HUYA - Twitch of China
BZUN - SHOP of China
WB - TWTR of China
DIDI - Uber of China
XIAOMI - AAPL of China (still is?)
Toutiao - YT of China?
MOMO ?
BABA ?
SOGO ?
BILI ?

10c makes most of their money from games. Their social network is dominant but not yet monetized fully. Payment service very fast growing. Their video offering grew 2x I think? Also has a fast growing cloud division like AWS.

So it’s a bit of everything.

Xiaomi has no parallel in the West. Neither does MOMO.

what does xiaomi do again?

It is a copycat. It copies.

10c’s big wipeout stems from china’s increasingly arbitrary regulatory process. If this sort of shittiness continues there will be big discount of all Chinese shares, not just 10c.

I don’t have a good feeling about Xi. He seems to be leading the country backward.

Wipeout is more due to market downturn than individual company performance. Bidu and baba also experiencing same thing. Don’t read into it too much.

What did the government do?

Government now and then screw around with the Chinese companies to show who is boss i.e. their survival and prosperity depend on them towing the party wish e.g. disapprove and slowdown approval TCEHY’s game release. So far, certain companies are allowed to strive :slight_smile: TCEHY, BABA, BIDU, and Huawei… so long they do exactly what CP wants.

Sounds fair to me as these companies are provided state protection and nurturing in everything;starting, growing, competing.

BIDU up 5+% after 2 days :slight_smile:

Why did you stop buying AAPL?