Asia Pacific Stocks

If I remember my high school Chinese history right qianlong remained on the throne far too long. Was it 60 years? He was good at the first 2/3 but turned shitty in the last 1/3 of his time.

Meanwhile China is still waiting for its George Washington. :cry:

Chairman Mao.

Those techniques only good for concubines fighting over one man.

Chairman Mao

Mao is the absolute worst. He killed more Chinese than the Japanese.

1 Like

He had good intentions unlike the Japanese.

No. Mao was a scumbag. Make sure to watch the interview in the tweet.

I heard something similar about Sun Yat Sen too.

No! Our founding father??? How dear you slandering him… :rofl:

Hong Kong people hate mao, take it with a pinch of salt. Liu bang has similar reputation :joy:

bang not beng.

No. Mao and his commies are abominable. The red guards beat the crap out of my uncle and a lot of my relatives suffered. They should all be in hell.

1 Like

Hong Kong people don’t want to be Chinese. They think they are British. Taiwanese people think they are Japanese. I think I’m an American… :rofl:

1 Like

You don’t need to be anywhere close to “anti-china” to acknowledge Mao was a terrible dictator who killed tens of millions of his own people.

I hope one day China could have its own George Washington. There’s a reason why we are all here in the States and not China.

2 Likes

China does not need a George Washington. It’s already on the right track. Why else are we salivating over China stocks?

China has Deng Xiaoping.

1 Like

China is making good progress in economy but nowhere close to US in living standard like a fair court system and basic freedoms.

That will only come about when China’s living standard catches up with America.

Difference between rule of one man vs rule of law. Deng was adamant no personal cult and collective rule by the top rank. All these have been overturned by Xi.

I am afraid Xi could be the new Mao.

USA copies a failed Roman system :joy: