Asia Pacific Stocks

Trading of QTT is halted for the 3rd time because it rose too much: 112%. :scream:

1 Like

Seems like every Chinese IPO is hot.

@hanera you need to install the app gelonghui 栌隆汇 on your iPhone. Sometimes I get faster US market news from it than American sources. Of course they have much better information on Chinese companies than any Western sources.

1 Like

China stocks are bubbly :slight_smile: China people loves to read or love gossips?

After examining TCEHY chart carefully, I feel the worse case is down to $34. However given the current bullish divergence, not likely. Do your DD. Chart provided for info only.

Market tanked because trump is undermining his own staff on tariffs. What a POS. :rage:

Yes I had a feeling it’d dive to at least the mid 30s (don’t ask me for backup). I don’t think the worst is over.

$42 to $34 is almost 20%, not acceptable to traders who don’t like to hold the bags but in the buy n hold (hopefully forever) world, is ok. After that is a rally above $61, so the downside is 20% but the upside is at least 45%. Of course, I’m thinking of 100%-200% from here :rofl: so 20% downside is acceptable.

Shares of Alibaba could be a better bet than Amazon, trader says

“When you look at BABA, they’re growing faster than Amazon, and they’re priced at one-third the multiple,” added Tepper. "BABA right now is an unbelievable long-term buying opportunity.”

Matt Maley, equity strategist at Miller Tabak, sees a larger bounce coming for Alibaba and its Chinese tech peers following months of pressure from trade talks between the U.S. and China.

Barron’s: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Takes 5% Stake in Templeton Dragon Fund

Top 10 holdings
TAIWAN SEMICONDUCTOR MANUFACTURING CO LTD 10.32%
TENCENT HOLDINGS LTD 9.10%
ALIBABA GROUP HOLDING LTD 7.21%
CHINA PETROLEUM & CHEMICAL CORP 5.03%
ANTA SPORTS PRODUCTS LTD 4.47%
AIA GROUP LTD 3.39%
CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORP 3.08%
UNI-PRESIDENT CHINA HOLDINGS LTD 2.94%
DAIRY FARM INTERNATIONAL HOLDINGS LTD 2.77%

Just buy the top 3 and you are mostly covered.

Gates hates America? That’s odd since he is friends with Buffett who’s all about investing in America.

No BIDU?

BIDU sucks.

Well, give me the confidence to blindly acquire BABA and TCEHY. Now, wait for the right “price” to buy TSM.

Risk is not inherent in an investment; it is always relative to the price paid.

1 Like

You don’t like the golden cross?

1 Like

Xiaomi creates new management jobs aimed at CEO succession planning

It also would reshuffle its four main business units into 10 to promote younger managers, Lei said, adding that a majority of the newly-appointed leadership belonged to the post-1980s generation.
The changes come less than a week after Jack Ma, one of China’s best-known businessmen, said he would step down as chairman of Alibaba in a year and hand the reins to CEO Daniel Zheng, and underlined the need for sustainable succession planning.

Chinese companies are suddenly eager to plan succession and accelerate the promotion of the millennials?

Recall I posted this chart?

Update to the chart

Earning: Oct 18 :slight_smile:

I have never been more pessimistic on China my entire life. Xi really looks like a Maoist. Control is tightened across the board with many nonsensical policies come out fast and furious. I probably need to liquidate my last Chinese investment MOMO soon. China is turning away from market economy. Really, really tragic.

MOMO sell, NOW :scream:

I think you are creating a false reason to justify your selling

I know Xi is up on no good when he set himself up as emperor for life. Should have sold back then.

1 Like