Chinese pour $110bn into US real estate, says study

Show me the number to prove I’m wrong. At 1.5%, it’s relatively rare I guess

I would rather live in Sacramento than London. .I bet it has better Chinese food too…Koreana Plaza is amazing. .We love to shop there…Great Asian and Russian groceries, seafood, fresh vegtables, food court…

http://www.kpinternationalmarket.com/

Come on now, let’s be real… :slight_smile:

I actually live in the Sacramento MSA…
Lived like a king in London in 1965-6…My dads American salary got us house in the best neighborhood
ate at the best restaurants. .California is better on all counts…London has history and is nice if you are super rich…but has bad weather, horrible traffic…and is not nearly as welcoming to foreign immigrants…

1 Like

People from Hong Kong feel something special about London, but there are really only a small percentage of Chinese in London

London used to have the worst food of any capitol city…It now has great ethnic food…Mainly Indian…
But a great meal in London will cost double that in the US

No interest to prove you wrong because I just don’t care, but FWIW the types of people you see on the street don’t reflect the population stats. Many metropolitan cities are flooded with Chinese tourists so your comment that they are rarely sighted in London is just silly.

3 Likes

Not talking about tourists. It’s all about residents. It’s ok to not care about it, but simply stating it’s wrong and refused to give any reason?

Come on @BAGB, be a gentleman for once and stop picking on the ladies. She already said she could care less. So just drop the subject.

Also, you are wrong from beginning to end. First you said there were more Chinese people in Sac than London. When I proved you wrong, you began to change your assumptions and said that well, the inner core of London only had 65k. LOL. We were talking about the whole metro here. And we never mentioned anything about percentages. You only threw that in to rationalize your mistake. Own up to it for once will you.

How can you keep bugging and annoying people when you know full well that you are the wrong one. Just unbelievable.

2 Likes

I do not care about it at all. I said “might be” and you keep saying I’m wrong. How can a “might be” be wrong? I did not bother to correct you because I don’t care about I might be wrong or not

Here is the English lesson for myself

It might be funny

Low confidence, present or future tense:
In this context, the word might indicates either: (1) a small chance that the subject is funny, or (2) a small chance that it will be funny in the future. If the second meaning is intended, it would normally be followed by a condition of some sort: “It might be funny if…”

It may be funny
Medium confidence, present or future tense:
This phrase is very similar to the first one, except that it implies a greater chance that the subject is funny or will be funny in the future. Without any context, I would interpret this to mean: “It is possible that someone else would find it funny.”

It could be funny
High confidence, future tense:
This phrase absolutely refers to the future. Two things are being said: (1) The subject, in its current form, is not funny. (2) There is a good chance of it becoming funny, as long as something changes. “It could be funny, as long as no one is offended.”

Don’t know if this is meant to be a joke but if so you have a very quirky sense of humor @BAGB …maybe you should go get some ice cream…

2 Likes

Ok, time for ice cream. You too

So, after the Chinese are almost non existent in London, it’s impressive to see the $ billions pouring into the US to buy Real Estate. But my question arises when I wonder if it is just people who never bother to live here or what?

I know, I know, I need to read the report, I am too lazy.

Going to buy me a pint of ice cream.

The Sacramento MSA is the best investment opportunity that is closest to the BA…The rents and house price rise is among the highest in the country…Of course it will never be like London. .But it will become part of the Norcal megacity…It will become more cosmopolitan. And it is where I have made some of my best investments…and will continue to do so…
My one apartment building we bought in 1999 has already returned 10x…The selfstorage we built and sold in 2005 returned 100% in one year…The houses and apartments I own in Tahoe are returning an annual IRR of over 15%…and cash flow at 6-10%

Come on, just because of Crazy Rich Asians???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/chinese-dumped-1-billion-of-u-s-real-estate-in-third-quarter-extending-recent-retreat-1543924802