Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

Human experiment of herd immunity:

3 Likes

he might fake it though, few days later come out as superman saying this is just a flu,no need to scare

I always thought karma is for losers but this is a prime example of when it hits you like a hurricane.

Not necessarily real estate but a good place to talk finance/indexing, consumer financial issues, and other topics is Bogleheads.org - Index page .
The moderators do a great job in shutting down anything out of scope of the forum.

2 Likes

The panic is worst than the virus. One million die every year in the US. 20-60k die of flu. Many more from pneumonia. Old people die everyday from pneumonia. It is pneumonia that kills most covid19 victims. Does the CDC distinguish between the causes?. How many more cases of pneumonia and fatalities are occuring above an average year. What is the progression from flu to pneumonia? Without these baseline statistics the dead count hysteria is being exaggerated.

If the flu killed more people in the last few years, why are hospitals overwhelmed this year?

My dad died in a rest home from pneumonia in 2001. He was old frail and had been in the rest home for three years. His living will said do not resuscitate. We were not allowed to ask for all the extraordinary life saving machines they have today.

3 Likes

Flu usually doesn’t require hospitalization and doesn’t require ventilator.

Yes but is does often cause pneumonia. It helped give my mother a fatal heart attack. Flu is deadly when you are old and frail. It may have killed both my parents. They died within 21 days of each other from probably the same flu in 2001. She probably gave to my dad since he was bedridden and she was exposed to it during winter flu season. Of course we all thought it was just a bad cold.

I created a new chloroquine thread and moved the related posts over there. Please continue your chloroquine discussions on that thread.

1 Like

I think it was explained by Dr Fauci. This year, flu is more severe. So hospitals are nearing overwhelmed. Coronavirus is like a hair on the camel back, threatening to breakdown the healthcare system. Also, he said that it is better to over-react than to regret that it has under-react. His priority is to save life, he is not a politician nor an economist, political and economic cost doesn’t go into his calculation. I defer to you to agree or disagree with his opinion.

I think a lot of elderly like my dad were basically left to die in the past. Btw, it was what he wanted. Pneumonia is known as the old mans friend. Callous as it sounds many older patients are given do not resuscitate instructions all the time. Personally like my dad I don’t want invasive extraordinary life saving measures when I am old and infirm.
Unfortunately our healthcare system may have to make these triage decisions soon enough.

@harriet, Queen of Karma.

:innocent:

1 Like

Tedros Adhanom and Carrie Lam should be prioritized, not these 21 year old retards.

Confirmed cases for US:

Thursday: 9500 = Base
Friday: 14500, base * 1.53 = 14.54k
Saturday: 22700, *1.53 = 22.24k
Sunday 34k, *1.53 = 34.02k
Monday 44k, *1.29 = 44k
Tuesday 53.4k, *1.21
Wednesday, 64.56k, *1.21
Thurs, 80.89k, *1.25 - Accelerate
Fri, 100.39k, *1.24 - Steady

I was on the phone last night with a landscaper buddy in the Bay Area who now can’t work.
Alone.
Outside.
This is indeed grotesque. SO glad we don’t have that going on in AZ, at least in the corners of it I frequent. I don’t know why so many seem to think Newsom is doing such a great job. Viewed from outside CA any national ambitions the guy ever had are now finished.

1 Like

Don’t know where your landscaper is working. Mine is still coming by every 2 weeks, and so are all my neighbors landscapers.

@harriet No need to be jealous of those who get 100% (some even more) compensated without work. You may be able to gain as a rich land lady and investor, unlimited write-off of capital loss for year 2020. Did I read it right? Need to wait for the IRS amendments.

He can’t work alone because someone would call police on him or what? My neighbor’s landscape guy was working yesterday… at 8am…

1 Like