Coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 Covid-19

You are welcome.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

True for young and healthy people. However, how about people with underlying issues? Common chronic issues like high blood pressure increases fatality rate of COVID-19 drastically (something like 14% as far as I remember). No reason to panic but all the more reason to be cautious.
Note that the majority of people in the congregation that I referred for COVID-19 testing result earlier was young people in their 20s.

Exactly. This is the best article I’ve seen on this topic: COVID-19's mortality rate isn't as high as we think.

US should break through 5k in 3 days.

@harriet you are right. We are Italy 2.0.

:sob:

1 Like

US will be 10k soon. 100k in a month. Hopefully the curve flattens by then.

Let see my track record on the Corona so far:

You are welcome.

1 Like

Geez. Do you have to rub it in?

:sob:

1 Like

Don’t be this jerk.

Passenger Who Boarded Flight After Testing Positive for Coronavirus Gets Lifetime Ban from JetBlue

1 Like

Do airlines share information just like insurance companies?
I hope so.

Still plenty of vegan food around. Perfect time to try beyond meat.

:joy:

1 Like

When the zombie apocalypse happens the vegans will be eaten first. They are a healthier option. :sunglasses:

1 Like

That makes it similar to cold and flu season. Everyone knows you don’t go around older people or immune compromised people if you are sick. Everyone’s had that with a family member doing chemo. If someone in your home gets sick, then you can’t visit the immune compromised family member.

I heard this thing injected HIV dna but some report say it’s false.
But it sure does looks like it, HIV carrier vs AIDS
this thing is like sars + hiv - easy to transmit, lung fibrosis, some don’t carry symptoms like hiv carrier, when it’s active it’s deadly

Interesting approach the Brits are considering.

1 Like

We will all be safe soon. Coronavirus is about to Epstein itself.

Title tells me the author is full of bull because he is assuming he knows what I am thinking? What the population is thinking.

This is where the Diamond Princess data provides important insight. Of the 3,711 people on board, at least 705 have tested positive for the virus

705/3711 = 19% infected. Assuming sample is representative* of the population, eventually 0.19*331 = 62.9 million Americans would be infected.

About 7 deaths, so eventually 7/3711 * 331 = 624k Americans will die of Covid-19.

*We can’t tell whether it is or not, worse or better. From people’s perspective, cruise has many old people. From environment’s perspective, is so different from on the land, may be in the sea/ ocean environment, Covid-19 transmissive rate and lethality are greatly reduced.

This all suggests that COVID-19 is a relatively benign disease for most young people, and a potentially devastating one for the old and chronically ill, albeit not nearly as risky as reported.

Correct.

The good news is that we have huge advantages to leverage: We already know all of this and have learned it remarkably quickly. We know how this virus spreads. We know how long people are contagious. We know who the most vulnerable patients are likely to be, and where they are.

The bad news is… read @manch comments.

Can’t believe people are still debating how lethal and how infectious Covid is. It’s not replacing flu. Flu is still with us. Covid is on top of whatever diseases we already have.

The best way to think of Covid is as a denial of service attack on the health care system. If you have a spike of 100k new patients needing urgent medical care in a short span of time, your entire medical system collapses. It’s that simple. Right now we are on a “double every 3 days” pace. Wrap your mind around that. It’s Moore’s law, but measured in days, not years.

3 Likes

Right now, it’s from people who got it 14 days ago. That’s before all the measures to slow the spread. Everything shutdown this week, so in 2 weeks there should be a dramatic slowdown in cases.

1 Like

Just do whatever South Korea is doing. No need to reinvent the wheel.