Costco is cheaper than Amazon

Those were numbers for Bay Area. Most people working for AMZN in the Bay Area are actually working for a subsidiary (because AMZN didn’t want to collect sales tax in CA).

1 Like

WHOOOOT! I got in Amzn at 725 today!!!

I am so proud of myself :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There’s a reason why AMZN is going down w/ Trump winning. AMZN relies on cheap workers in its fulfillment centers. If Trump increases the going wage in these depressed areas, AMZN’s margins will be impacted negatively.

How much does AMZN spend on fulfillment center wages? I suspect AMZN spend more on shipping costs than fulfillment worker wages. Also most of AMZN’s new fulfillment centers are near population centers along the coasts. They have been aggressively building new mega warehouses in CA for example.

1 Like

Great! To me, this looks like temporary drop that may likely change positive soon

1 Like

I thought they used a lot of robots as well. And you’re right, aren’t we slated for $15/hr min wage?

So I read that artcle, and I don’t find a case for Amazon having issues. I don’t see that Amazon loses even if tariffs on Chinese goods are raised. People go to their website to shop. They buy an item. Amazon wins. If the item was Amazon’s “cheaper” knockoff, Amazon wins. If Apple made the item and Amazon ships it, Amazon wins. If a third party seller sells an item via Amazon, and ships it themselves and the transaction goes smoothly, Amazon wins.

The only time Amazon loses is when a customer is unhappy with the transaction–something most likely when the seller ships and Amazon has no quality control. This is why they do the “Fulfilled by Amazon” stuff and encourage sellers to let Amazon ship for them.

Not NVDA?

I got lucky with NVDA calls for Jan 17. Was expecting 10% upside on the stock price not 30%

1 Like

Lucky you, was distracted so didn’t buy :joy:

Isn’t Facebook at 1/6th of the price of Amazon a better buy??? At $700+/share, it is not like I will want to buy that many shares to make it worthwhile in terms of profit.

The best investor of this cycle is Peter Thiel. For a mere 1M, which is lunch money for the dude, he bought himself a ticket right into the tight inner circle of Trump. Most people laughed at him for wasting his money. Turns out he’s a billionaire for a reason…

3 Likes

Too bad I don’t have that kind of money or I’d be in the inner circle already :slight_smile:

Bummer no! Wasn’t on my radar :slight_smile: Hope you got in before it went up.

I don’t think I’ll ever get into Facebook. I may use it a fair amount to have some pretense of a social life, but I don’t feel like it’s that great of a product. Once I start working, I’ll probably ignore it. I am frequently frustrated by it, especially how hard it is for me to go back and find other people’s posts after I’ve left a page.

Amazon—We spend probably $3K/yr there.

Also, my policy tends to be: Buy a stock when it has dropped quite a bit below its all time high provided you like the company’s product and you feel it is still up and coming. Amazon dropped 100 point below it’s all time high, I do like its product, and I feel its still improving.

Even if FB dropped 100 points and even if I use the product, I don’t really care for the product, and I don’t have certainty that it is going to grow significantly.

I buy literally everything at Amazon except grocery.
So far, very satisfied.

1 Like

I don’t have a FB account @Terri, but as probably smart drug dealers do, they don’t use the product. It is all about business…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Aw man. Yeah I’m an addict. Getting my social fix. FB, BARF (Bay Area Redfin Forums) 2.0.

I gotta get off the computer… What’d I sit down here for in the first place anyways?

@Terri give twitter a spin. :smiling_imp: