Don't buy a new car she says. Bad investment!

My Prius was great…Had it 5 years. 55k miles . Depreciation was 25-10 … $15k … $3k per year…gas cost $3500 total…Not a good snow car though…sold one year too soon…No snow this year, yet

1 Like

You are not there yet, wuqijun is there.

Um… with Tesla it’s not about how much money you are saving… it’s for the cause of saving the environment by getting rid of carbon dioxide pollution. It’s more than just money!!! You are working towards a noble ideal in addition to be looking fabulously as well. Win-win!!! :rofl:

What about the batteries once they hit their useful life? That stuff is super toxic. You’re trading one type of pollution for another.

2 Likes

Not a problem… batteries can be recycled… fossil fuels can’t. It will also take hundreds of years for greenhouse gases in the atmosphere to decompose!!! It’s a no-brainer tradeoff, if you were to ask me.

Weak argument…My Prius was probably more Eco friendly than Teslas
Liberal guilt sells…just not for me…Besides I am routing for the Artic seals…they are very happy polar bears are dying…lol.
As far as global warming make lemons out of lemonade…buy land father north…Lots of places will benefit from Global Warming…they are growing wine in England now…Just don’t invest in coastal low lying areas…

1 Like

There’s also a question of what chemicals go into making the batteries.

The Prius battery is a lot more Eco friendly than the lithium-ion Tesla batteries…Then there is the issue of colbat…Never fear… The environment nazies will figure out a way to make people feel guilty about batteries…nobody in the BA wanted a battery plant near by

1 Like

I think the bigger point is that the eco-friendliness of a technology needs to be considered from beginning to end. I get nervous when all that’s mentioned is the middle. Like solar panels–I want them, but I need to know that the creation is not creating even more toxic chemicals than the coal plants they’re trying to replace.

1 Like

Um… greenhouse gases and environmental pollution is a known fact. You are just speculating about the effects of batteries. Facts should win over speculations.

I’m not speculating–I’m saying that I don’t hear people addressing the entire birth-death process of batteries. Until someone address the whole thing, it’s not a done deal.

For solar panels, I’ve been told that the creation process can be dirty. Tradeoff is there.

1 Like

The world is going to hell…don’t live in the pseudo macro world of uncertainty, just tend your own garden…ala Voltaire in Candide…Beside the most eco friendly car is a used car

1 Like

Yes! I just bought a used car, I’m an eco friendly person at heart as always… :rofl:

1 Like

You can lookup the impact of batteries and what the chemicals are.

No need to look… I’m blindly happy with my TSLA investment… :rofl:

You are out of math ideas Marcus. I think you are so ignorant of what’s going you are just objecting to this because of dignity, which on this topic has been destroyed with this simple math chart.

Once, twice, many times I explained interests earned are paid or deposited into 12 buckets, that means every month the $6,666 plus what was gained plus the new $6,666 are added and invested in yet another month. That is the beauty of compound interests. That’s why ICs don’t risk your whole investment once a year. You just don’t get it.

You have $80K earning what the simple numbers on that chart above show. 7%-16%, and the excess from loans that you see are the $ that is going to be paid for your retirement. It may not be actual cash you can loan, but as soon as you hit age XX you get it.

Then you have another $80K loaned, which again you failed to explain the return you could have on that amount. If you don’t get $4K+ return to pay for the cost of interests for that loan, you are an incompetent person. Period!

What part of a loan you don’t understand? Loans are done almost immediately as soon as the IC pulls that premium out of your bank account. Then, as the numbers show, are deducted in a monthly basis as loans are done in a monthly basis. You want the IC to charge you more than 12 times when you make 12 loans? Go ahead, make them happy. You are incredibly bad at math.

You even want them to compound the charges? They have been charged every month! Jesus!

Now, see? You cohort didn’t support you. He understood the way compounding on that chart. You are alone in your denial.

Next time, if you don’t understand anything, and you don’t have any real idea of what’s going on, don’t intervene, you are breaking the rules of a savvy investment person by berating what you are not familiar with, or what you don’t like because you found out you should have had it. :smiley:

Finally, I left him breathless, with no more wrong ideas to submit. :smiley::smiley:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Compounding Periods
When calculating compound interest, the number of compounding periods makes a significant difference. Generally, the higher the number of compounding periods, the greater the amount of compound interest. So for every $100 of a loan over a certain period, the amount of interest accrued at 10% annually will be lower than interest accrued at 5% semi-annually, which will, in turn, be lower than interest accrued at 2.5% quarterly.

12 premiums, 12 loans. LOL…

Poor guy, he doesn’t get it. The death benefit, that is increasing, is paying for the loans. LOL…Free money…

This is what my topic is about. This lady, started as any other people, from bussing tables, to become the guru of investment. She did what she did, and in the process she damaged lots of people.

She said debit cards don’t create FICO score. Then she pulls her own debit card.

She said don’t buy a new car, then she is sponsoring a car. Why? Because it’s all about money, who cares from, money in your pocket is money.

Some people believe in anything without seeing the hypocrisy of their gurus.

I’m not out of math ideas.

You’re adding 7% interest each month. You’re probably confused, since they call it 7% interest compounded monthly. That doesn’t mean you get 7% each month. It means it’s an annual rate of 7%, and it gets compounded monthly which results in a 7.2% effective rate since:

Rate = 1 - (1+0.07/12)^12 = 0.072

Why on earth should I pay you 5% to borrow money that was already mine? You still don’t get the basic math. I have $80K in my pocket. I can go invest it and earn money. You’re telling me to invest it with you and you’ll pay me 6% return, then I can pay 5% interest to borrow it back. All I gain by giving you the money before borrowing back is the 1% difference between the index gain and the interest ratre. With or without you, I can invest the $80K on my own and receive the return on it. I think you’re trying to apply game theory, but it’s not applied correctly.

Option A: Invest my $80K and earn x% return on my own.

Option B: Give you $80K and you’ll pay me an average of 6% return. Then I can pay 5% to borrow my money back and invest it the same was as in option A.

Those are the two options. My ability to earn a return on the $80K isn’t impacted by you. It has no benefits from the insurance policy. What you’re offering is the difference between the index gain and the 5% loan rate. Putting money in the policy to borrow it back is literally bettering the index returns over 5% or you lose money on that $80K.

Also, the loan interest does compound. The illustration shows that. If you can’t tell from the accumulated loan column that interest is being compounded, then you’re in over your head on this topic. Compounded of the loan amounts reduces the death benefit faster than if the loan interest was paid off each year.

I am the outlier of course (my CRX Si has 185k? orig miles) and it runs beuuutifully… The car is practically paying me to use it everyday, from A to B to earn that money. I can see why some car nuts bury their precious rides with them into the next life…

1 Like