Downtown San Jose Fixer

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/1071-W-Taylor-St-95126/home/706821

4/2/2100 on a quarter acre lot, asking for 1M. Seems you can tear it down and put an office building there?

Solid opportunity for Rose Garden fixer. This two story property is in soiled, worn and dated condition. The property needs updating and renovation. This is situated on West Taylor St. near The Alameda and zoned residential. However, the General plan map indicates that its in a neighborhood community commercial area. Buyer(s) to verify highest and best use for this property. It sits on approximately 12,238 square foot lot. This might be ideal for an attorney’s office or like kind office tenant. Plenty of space for additional parking. Garage converted. Permits unknown. Located near restaurants and other businesses on The Alameda and easy access to highway 880.

The issue is Taylor avenue Traffic (google view). Commercial fine, but not residential.

I agree commercial would be good. That’s too busy of street to live on.

Taylor? please don’t say it’s busy. Try Tully. I have lived there, and I consider it one of the best areas to live after knowing how to live on any other area of the West or East in SanJo. I see The Alameda there, right? And a couple of blocks down following the way the cars go you will find the Salvation Army on a corner. I lived behind it, nice area, the streets are not that car ridden. Unfortunately the properties were too much pricey for us.
The Rose Garden area, as I think it’s known, has very ample streets and lots of trees. I long for the times I lived there, except at the beginning the planes landing on the airport makes your skin crawls, then you get used to it.

1 Like

Correct, no doubt Taylor is better than Tully !

By your statement, What do you do here? You are making relative comparison.

Similar to that, many compare non-traffic residential streets better than traffic residential streets, and feel better non-traffic residential street.

Many residents prefer non-traffic 25 mph roads or cul-de-sac for peaceful living, easy back up cars, avoid young children accidents (they can not come out of door accidentally) .

This is the main reason residential home seekers avoid traffic roads.

Planned parenthood is right on the corner of Alameda and Taylor. I used to shop at Zanotto’s so I’d always pass it on the way home.

Thereis no shortages of office buildings. .Multifamily, baby

I believe that the seller has targeted a business person for this property. It is a commercial area so the incentive is there. Busy or not busy, the property is a challenge for the people who hate traffic, but for those to stay at home all day long, what a deal!