Dropbox IPO?

Yup. atlassian. I have used their products since 2007-8.

Office 365 sucks. It only allows the most basic functions without checking out the doc. Once you checkout the doc, then others canā€™t edit it.

Salesforce has a new product called quip. Itā€™s supposed to eliminate email attachments and support collaboration in docs. I havenā€™t tried it yet.

1 Like

For all the technical strengths Google has, I gotta remind you that Google also had Orkut pre-FB and Google chat pre-Whatsapp!

Google has always underestimated the power of good marketing. Kinda ironic for a company that sells ads for a living :wink:

2 Likes

Thereā€™s a difference: Orkut - we acquired. Google plus, we goofed up, but i think plenty of successful things came out of it: Photos, Single-Sign-on, Hangouts integration.

You make fun of google chat, but i use it over whatsapp. Even before working for google that was my way. Whatsapp webclient didnā€™t exist, and even now that it exists, i still find it useless. Hangout is how i talked to my wife when we were long distance darlings, and it is how i talk to my parents and sister today. Canā€™t do that over whatsapp.

Office 365 may suck but it has the huge advantage of being the default. Most work sharing are on one of the Office documents: Word, Excel or PowerPoint. External competitors need to be a lot better to convince companies to switch.

1 Like

Hangout needs a facelift. I donā€™t use it because I never notice when people are pinging me unless I have audio on or if I squint my eyes real hard to notice the notification on the tab. Unless I am missing something but it needs something more eye popping.

enable notifications :slight_smile:

Too late. I mainly use Facebook messenger and Whatsapp now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

i uninstalled facebook. one of the very good decisions i made.

Why? I think itā€™s a great way to know whatā€™s happening to the people you know, even though they mostly only post positives and not the negatives.

Sheeeeshā€¦ The phrase that sunk 1000 shipsā€¦ Steve Jobsā€™ can singlehandedly kill an IPO from the graveā€¦

I agree with sfdragonboyā€¦ donā€™t care if itā€™s a feature or not if itā€™s profitable.

1 Like

The answer is - itā€™s not.

1 Like

Try not using it for a week - just uninstall it. you can install it back again. I realized how little i care whatā€™s happening to the people i know. The ones i care, i already talk to them through less disruptive channels.

Interesting. Thanks for sharing that.

It was in the beginning of this thread :exploding_head:

Or the middle?

I donā€™t think it has to do with whether you care for them or not but how nosy you are :ghost: Some people donā€™t like Facebook because they donā€™t want to see others showing off their lavish vacations while they are eating cup noodles at home. For some reason that doesnā€™t bother me at all so I still go on there at least once a day. Hey if you can afford to go on vacation once a month kudos to you!

Hah, for me not at all. I donā€™t care about what people do with their time. I can go on a vacation, but i figured vacation is more boring than working - call me workaholic - i cannot turn that brain off. People posting their vacations and so on just tells me ā€œpeopleā€™s need to share they did a lavish vacationā€ - never had that myself.

Again, try uninstalling it for a week or two. And install it back if you want.

I find Facebook a depressing waste of my time.

People ranting over silly things.

People posting what they ate.

People posting cat and dog memes.

And I really should be doing better things that reading about what someone I knew 20 years agoā€™s kid is doing in the living room. Even if I still care about their family, I should be spending time with mine.