Emotional Buyer

Came in at the higher end of guidance, higher than consensus of sell side, buy side and whisper. WS thinks Apple would come in at the lower end.

You lost a bundle trading AAPL?

No, sold most my stock last year for downpayment, no money for stock, keeping cash for emergency fund.

Good news about AAPL is that ipad is growing again due to ipad proā€™s penetration in enterprise. And iphone SE is picking up the slack for iphones in general. Bearish sentiments for AAPL are way overblown.

Services category has been growing at 20% per quarter.

Iā€™m waiting to see their car. Theyā€™ve clearly hired a lot of people to work on it and are still hiring.

Maybe they will just hook up with Elon to form a super team like the Warriorsā€¦that would be crazy!!!

They have possibly changed their apple car strategy to autonomous vehicle software (and possibly its service).

Happy speculating what Project Titan is.

Buyinghouse is right, sales declined 9%. People believed sprint PCS hype iphone 7 exceeded iphone 6 sales !!!

30% decline in sales ! World is doomed. Life will not be the same.

Werenā€™t these numbers for the quarter ending September? Iphone 7 & 7 plus were released on Sept 16.

I think Android phones are much more competitive now & in some cases exceeding the iPhones on features, so iPhone canā€™t dominate like earlier.

However, for the first time I ordered an iPhone this year moving away from the Nexus devices , number of which I have owned since 2010.

1 Like

Now that Samsung is self exploding we may have a year when apple will make 100% of handset profit. Actually more than 100 because losers like Sony will continue to lose money.

Exactly, this is making Apple iphone 7 fly and Apple will be back on track. Tomorrow, if apple goes down - this is what after market reflects - I buy AAPL stock, an opportunity to get in now !

Supply constraints so donā€™t think Apple gain much from exploding Notes 7. In the long run, Samsung as a handset manufacturer might go down like BlackBerry. AAPL hit $121.84 upon earning announcement then down because WS noted y/y revenue down 30% for Greater China. WS, has conveniently ignored, the continued very fast growth in the very high margin Services revenue, this quarter 24% increase!

AS investor, we need to know truth setting aside what WS tells ! This is the main reason, I was not believing the hype.

Now, after market WS makes AAPL $3.5 down (very small drop). WS is always speculative, going on with qtrly result !

Last qtr, I was telling sales (iphone 7) is not like previous (iphone 6) ones. This one is completely changed when Samsung note 7 issues and recalls started.

Samsung will not easily go away like blackberry, they are stronger challenging Sony, Qcom and Intelā€¦etc.

Apple stands for quality and it has its own value!

Now, I see this is an opportunity. WS puts the price down, speculative, but I see sales will zoom this qtr nicely as thanksgiving is nearing.

If tomorrow prices dips, I am sure to buy AAPL. This is kind of swim against WS ! Again, my confidence is based on Warren Buffet ! No matter how WFC is getting hit, Just following the big person.

Samsung would do very well of course. I say Samsung as a handset manufacturer not Samsung.

[quote=ā€œJil, post:36, topic:504ā€]
Again, my confidence is based on Warren Buffet !
[/quote]Not WB, is one of these two ex-hedge fund managers,Todd Combs and Ted Weschler, that decide to invest in AAPLs.

This is what news reportsā€¦do you believe WB does not have any influence in it or not seen or approved it?

Do not believe such news it is not right or someone purposely asked to report like that (I do not really know the reason, why!)

If your rental manager signs a contract with tenant, are you responsible or your rental manager is responsible is there is a dispute? Will your rental manager signs a contract without your knowledge?

Even buying a home, we blindly sign at least 1000 pages of paper start of the process until escrow closing. Think about buying 1.5B ventureā€¦

Before putting a proposal to buy $1.5B of AAPL, at least 5-7 people would have scrutinized silently and both WB and Munger would have approved it. They would have taken 50 pages of documentation about Apple (and sales of ATT) and how it is beneficial for them in the long run.

As long as Berkshire is controlled by him, whoever proposes or signs contract, it goes to head of the company.

Not sure WB is so bureaucratic. Point taken. Strategic and big value investments in big corporation always need CEO approval but not sure in this case as they are supposedly given autonomous decision making. IBM has become I Become Mac, so I guess we can trust WB.