EPA, CA had the highest home price increase during 2016

Pacifica is DC with snobs, who actually think their town is too good for newbies…That is why I love to poke fun at it…Actually has some pretty good surfing and fishing

EPA story…

Forget about schools. Most of wannabe buyers got afraid of EPA because its past history of violence. They used cowardice instead of common sense and some investigative attitude because there were Asians living their comfortably, I saw them in early 90s. Those with guts took an advantage over those cry babies and bought in EPA.

That’s all.

Only old people read the local paper. If they want to be with modern times, then they should have an app. They could probably get a $3B valuation for an app that simplifies published of local news and shares ad revenue with writers. Most people just don’t care. Flint has 10% turnout for election of a new mayor. Even the turnout for presidential elections is embarrassingly low. It was 58% last election.

Hey, hey, hey…nothin wrong with the local paper. Don’t I seem to be able to pull decent info for you cats from SFGate, SF Chronicle or SF Examiner? Even San Jose Merc? Yes, those are or are affiliated with newspapers… yes news on paper… OMG…(smh)

Local paper is usefull…When I was in Guangzhou in the main train station there were dozens of men in the mens room squatting on the floor reading the local paper. .I noticed several holes in the floor unoccupied. …Then I realized the papers had a dual purpose…lol

They didn’t use to call it fish wrap for nothin’…

People have a really messed up attitude towards jobs these days. They think because a building is in their town they are entitled to a job there regardless of qualifications. I wonder how people would feel if a hospital was staffed that way? I mean forget about going to med school. If you live near the hospital, then I’m sure you can be a surgeon without any education or training. Would anyone want that surgeon operating on them?

Entitled attitudes lead to poverty not prosperity. .Look at the nation’s poorest cities…Lots of entitlement, no a lot of enterprise and almost no entrepreneurs. …

10 Poorest Cities in America and how did it happen?
City, State, % of People Below the Poverty Level

1. Detroit , MI 32.5%
  2. Buffalo , NY 29.9%
  3. Cincinnati , OH 27.8%
  4. Cleveland , OH 27.0%
  5. Miami , FL 26.9%
  6. St. Louis , MO 26.8%
  7. El Paso , TX 26.4%
  8. Milwaukee , WI 26.2%
  9. Philadelphia , PA 25.1%
  10. Newark , NJ 24.2%
    What do the top ten cities (over 250,000) with the highest poverty rate
    all have in common?
    Detroit , MI (1st on the poverty rate list) hasn’t elected a Republican mayor
    since 1961
    Buffalo , NY (2nd) hasn’t elected one since 1954
    Cincinnati , OH - (3rd) since 1984
    Cleveland , OH - (4th) since 1989
    Miami , FL - (5th) has never had a Republican mayor
    St. Louis , MO - (6th) since 1949
    El Paso , TX - (7th) has never had a Republican mayor
    Milwaukee , WI - (8th) since 1908
    Philadelphia , PA - (9th) since 1952
    Newark , NJ - (10th) since 1907
    Einstein once said, 'The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
    and expecting different results.'
    It is the poor who habitually elect Democrats … yet they are still POOR.
    Part II:
    "You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich.
    You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.
    You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift.
    You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down.
    You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred.
    You cannot build character and courage by taking away people’s initiative and independence.
    You cannot help people permanently by doing for them, what they could and should do for themselves."
    Abraham Lincoln
    “Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him had better take a closer look at the American Indian.” - Henry Ford

The high crime rate cities always vote blue too. People talk about uneducated Trump voters. Hillary won Detroit by a landslide and over 50% of adults there can’t even read. Talk about an uneducated voter base…

Not sure if these poor cities are poor because of Democrats. I think they are poor even if their political affiliation is Republican. Switching party affiliation will NOT help.

The Democratic machine is corrupt. .One party rule leads to corruption. .The BA now onky has one party rule…Corruption will creep in

Bay Area will remain cream of the crop whether it is Democratic or Republican; whether it is one party or two party or multi party; whether there is corruption or not.

Come on, where else in America are you going to find technological innovation besides the Bay Area???

People used to say that about Detroit… No one stays #1 forever. When you get arrogant and think you’ll be #1 forever is when an upstart takes your spot from you.

You can say that about America as a whole…

1 Like

The arrogance in the BA is the nimby disease…Nimbyism will kill the golden goose…More housing has to be provided or people will leave and fewer will come…

(@hanera must be sleeping or away from his computer. He pushes Austin/Texas like I push Sunset…)

1 Like

Why did you guys buy in far away places when EPA was right under your noses???