Even Doctors Are Getting Priced Out

Almost all you said is fairly correct including passion. One of our family member is struggling with Licensing exam and to get in MD/MS. It is really tough to get through such licensing.However, I have never heard of Doctor’s earning just 100k level. They settle late in life with 10+ years of study.

NOOOOO!!! And from this Syria fiasco, the market just might take a dump soon (no?)

Syria? What does syria have to do with the stock market?

I’m invested in YELP by the way… my strike price is at $20 per share.

Well, if the crisis deepens to the point that we are actually fighting Putin…won’t that be a problem?

I don’t think Russia has anything to do with the stock market either… :slight_smile:

Uncertainly and fears of war could trigger exodus from the market no?

Yes but then that’ll only be temporary. And if everybody believed that to be a temporary event then it would not affect the market at all. Maybe a few dummies will sell and lose the upside.

Perhaps…but it might be a bumpy ride for now. I don’t see this resolving so quickly.

If it couldn’t get resolved quickly, then people will simply factor that into the equation and stop caring.

For example, North Korea has been a time bomb for years. But that had minimal effect on the market.

Because all of the Big Boys agree he is a nut job. But would you agree that if he does manage to develop a missile warhead that can reach theoretically us or Western Europe that it can easily be a major disruptor?

The problem with Syria is that the Russians for whatever reason want to side with Assad through thick and thin…why? maybe they are involved…

I think bad politics from elsewhere could actually help the stock market in America. Hitler tried to conquer the world but the stock market actually recovered from the Great Depression during his reign. US went to war in Iraq but the stock market recovered from the dot com bust as well.

May not have so much to do with SF as with salaries/costs and expectations. It’s been harder for doctors to make a good living in a private practice with the rising costs of malpractice insurance and lower insurance and medicare payments while at the same time the social expectations on them are that they live in the most expensive areas. That’s exactly the phenomenom described in “The Millionaire Next Door.”

And they’re starting to work about 8-10 years later when they may already have kids.

I get the slash and burn theory…i just want to survive the slashing and the burning…

2 Likes