Facebook bombed. Anyone buying?

Video ad also ties in to another Facebook priority: Facebook watch. If it can steal some user time watching video on Facebook instead of YouTube that can be YUGE.

In Sheryl (Mark too) I trust.

Manch,

Post an incomplete story :exploding_head: with half ass comment is not good :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:it was a roller coaster till it started catching fire. If the transition is similar, conservative investors should stay at the sidelines. Can these investors stay solvent while waiting for the changes to catch fire :disappointed_relieved:

I only talked about their long term prospect. You are implying short term trade actions from what I said. :wink:

The signs were there, but then again we aren’t insiders now are we???

It took them about a year to have a majority of revenue for mobile.

1 Like

manch,

Do you agree that Mr Market is telling us that? Won’t give FB the benefit of doubt, want FB to provide evidence, meanwhile share price would just meander :slight_smile: best case between $160-$180, could be $145-$195.

Don’t know. Current price looks cheap to me. Not often can you buy high growth companies at <1 PEG.

Meander for how long? You can sell higher price calls if you are confident of your judgement.

Market is resetting expectation, is in a show me the money cautious mood.
Refer to FANG, ANG, BAT thread.

True, market may be in a cautious mood. People have different strategies how to deal with it. I will roll with the market and adjust my exposure up or down, but I will slowly buy more FB calls. The ones I have right now are still above water. Obviously if FB sank to $160 they won’t be anymore.

Will only add shares slowly, no calls unless drop below $155.

Great analysis:

https://stratechery.com/2018/facebook-lenses

Ben Thompson has made a name for himself as one of the “thought leaders” on tech. Even “The Economist” quoted him multiple times. The amazing thing is he actually lives in Taiwan with his Taiwanese wife and kids.

The comeback kid.

3 Likes

Sell the rip.

1bf86e6eaacae417c4f406cbf10e61f50189c40d_1_690x256

Get off the rocket ship before lift off?

1 Like

What’s Next for FAANG Stocks After Facebook’s Crash?

Is Facebook’s fall a buying opportunity for those who have been standing on the sidelines during the multiyear tech rally? Not according to Morningstar analyst Ali Mogharabi. While saying that Facebook’s shares are now slightly undervalued, he recommends that investors seek a greater margin of safety before taking the plunge, suggesting that a share price of $150 to $160 would be the enticing range.

manch,
Stop denying your girl’s wish to buy below $150!

You guys are just too damn greedy. FB is already a great business at the current price. In fact one of the world’s greatest.

So what if you overpaid by $30? When you look back in year 2020 at price $300, does that matter?

1 Like

I am reading all WB’s letters starting from 1965. He bought lots of media companies like newspaper and TV stations. Kind of surprising he hasn’t seen the obvious fact: Facebook is the media of the future. Maybe in a year or two he will wise up and start buying.

2 Likes

Yes. Doesn’t not matter what price it is today. You already missed the boat. Best time to buy was back in 2004. Peter Thiel only invested $500k. Made $10B.

Buy buy buy!!!

1 Like

Wow Jil’s favorite term = sold.

No such thing as missing the boat. The boat has already come back twice this year. Once in March, and another time last week.