FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

WS always has good reasons why they value a certain ticker that way. We need to figure out what are those reasons before throwing in our hard-earned cash.

1 Like

WB didn’t sell any AAPLs. One of his lieutenants did to buy another stock.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-hedge-funds-dumped-china-002746660.html

1 Like

This is called “Valuation”, which equal to real estate appraisal+rental business plan(cash flow+appreciation) for 10+ years.

There are two professors famous for this valuation now, Stephen Penman & Aswath Damadharan. Aswath also provides youtube classes (actual MBA class video) freely.

He even shorted AMZN+AAPL when its market value was higher than valuation, which I posted in this blog.

Unfortunately, many people bounced on me (With their ignorance of that topic) and I left the topic there itself.

To get such valuation, many institutions hire professional analysts (paying like IT engineers) and buy/sell those stocks.

It is not easy cake, but a hard and intelligent work.

Since Aug 28, 2017,

F10 +16.4% :grin: Up 1.0% from last week
AAPL +5.54% :grin: No change from last week
TCEHY +3.50% :grin: Down 3.28% from last week
GOOG +21.7% :grin: Up 4% from last week
AMZN +70.0% :grin: Up 2.5% from last week
NFLX +114.5% :grin: Up 6.5% from last week
DimSum -3.5% :grin: Down 1.6% from last week

MAC/PC stalwarts are number 1 and 2 largest market cap.
MSFT $830B
AAPL $804B
AMZN $790B
GOOG $777B

MSFT could be the Cloud Emperor.

All it needs two or three more days to reach peak S&P 2800. Today, I came out of market expecting a slide next week. This is speculative move and it can completely go wrong. This is fine for my investments and it is my own individual decision.

Incidentally, I am also seeing this post.

The CAPE aims to correct for those distortions. It smooths the denominator by using not current profits, but a ten-year average, of S&P 500 earnings-per-share, adjusted for inflation. Today, the CAPE for the 500 reads 29.7. It’s only been that high in two previous periods: Before the crash of 1929, and during the tech bubble from 1998 to 2001, suggesting that when stocks are this expensive, a downturn may be at hand.

1 Like

Say good bye to FAANG,

52%20PM

Welcome cloud,

22%20PM

1 Like

Right word is re-balancing. Sell FANG! If you insist in keeping one, keep NFLX. Can keep AAPL since it is paying good dividends (part of FAANG). Plough proceeds to Semis and Cloud, no brainer decision. Look like is time for me to close DimSum portfolio for POS stocks.

Please sell all your Aapl and move proceeds over to cloud. Until you have done so, no point in trying to persuade anything. No one will listen.

Yes, I will make an exception for Netflix. BTW saw this news yesterday:

It shows how sharp Netflix’s management is. They read the trends right and react super fast.

1 Like

They also have top SWEs, their pay packages for SWEs is almost unbeatable.

1 Like

Yup. Tell TC to stop penny pinching and pay people well. Can’t compete for talents that way.

As I mentioned a few times, Apple has a problem because their core guys are in hardware which has way lower pay than SWEs. So the issue is how to pay SWEs competitively without making it feel inequitable to the hardware guys and the support (Finance, Ops, IS&T, HR) guys. The previous VP (People) failed miserably in the talent war. Deirdre, the current SVP (Retail and People) is doing very well, she had scored a few big win. From public news, she might be appointing SWEs of similar skills (create an equivalence where they don’t exist) at higher grade e.g. instead of VP, make him SVP, instead of manager, appoint him/her as senior manager. That way, can give higher pay and sound good (as compared with Google, FB, AMZN, LinkedIn, Airbnb, NFLX - notorious guys that pay SWEs indecently).

1 Like

Since Aug 28, 2017,

F10 +17.6% :grin: Up 1.2% from last week
AAPL +7.12% :grin: Up 1.48% from last week
GOOG +21.5% :grin: Down 0.2% from last week
AMZN +72.5% :grin: Up 2.5% from last week
NFLX +117.2% :grin: Up 2.7% from last week
DimSum -2.14% :grin: Up 1.36% from last week

MAC/PC stalwarts are number 1 and 2 largest market cap.
MSFT $851B
AAPL $816B
AMZN $801B
GOOG $774B

21 days since earning, still can’t tell where FB is going. Would know next week because it is currently trading just above counter-trend target ($160). Breaking below means it would decline to $140 :cry:.

You are looking at trader’s view like me, expecting constant raise everyday !

In that case, you have to come out of big players esp above 200B range and focus on 2B-10B growth range companies.

I view all counters, other than AAPLs, as trading :slight_smile:
F10 - trade options or shares on margin. prefer options since outlay is low… limited loss.
2B-10B - trade shares (cash)

You will then missing the boat like me when trading options. Absolute value may increase, but percentage growth is limited.