FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Hey stop quoting my name! I didn’t say that. In any case, many people are never satisfied and dislike people make money more than them. Did you ever play a tit-tat-toe where a three of crosses, the one who play crosses get $2 and where a three of circles, the one who play circles get $1? Ask any two random guys to play this game and almost every time, both get nothing because they stop each other from completing a three. That’s human nature :grinning:

1 Like

Really… I have a hard time quoting the right person on my phone… :laughing:

A Chinese version on human nature,

一个和尚有水喝,
A monk has water to drink,

两个和尚抬水喝,
Two monks compete for water to drink

三个和尚没水喝
Three monks have no water for drinking

That’s the wrong way of looking at things… it proves that not all Chinese adages are wise.

No. That’s in the context of Ali’s fight with SF Express couple months back. Jack wants all of SF’s data, including SF’s dealing with other firms like JD, or else Taobao will use other logistics firm. Here’s one Chinese article about that.

Both Tencent and Baidu are now joining forces with JD to fight Ali.

Very nice, contructive competition here. Both Ali and others will benefit.

FANG and ANT leading the market down? Typical correction that would bottom in Sep/Oct is here?

AAPL makes a new ATH closing price :joy: but how long can AAPL hold up the tech sector?

1 Like

It will hold it up until Tesla takes over… :rofl:

Buy the rumor … of the mythical iPhone 8.

Sell the news … when the mythical iPhone 8 proves not to be that mythical.

FANG, ANT, BAT are back.

2 Likes

Look like investing these stocks are better than messing with other stocks.
On Aug 28, which is very auspicious, created the F10 index comprises:
6 FB
1 AMZN
6 NFLX
1 GOOG
6 AAPL
6 NVDA
3 TSLA
5 BIDU
6 BABA
25 TCEHY

After closing, F10 is +2.90% after 3 days!!! If your portfolio is not appreciating at this rate, my advice is just buy F10 :slight_smile:

My micro-cap portfolio (LQMT, SPWR, AMBA, SYNA) up +3.63% :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t have amzn and techy!!! :weary:

1 Like

GOOG is the only one I don’t have.

1 Like

Feeling the peer pressure now. Based on closing price, AAPL is up by 1.6% from Aug 28 underperforming F10. Need to consider opening a new account to purchase F10 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m slowly working towards smaller cap names. I’m not sure I’ll hold apple past the mythical iPhone 8 upgrade super cycle. I may start trimming FB soon.

My small cap portfolio appreciates 2.3% since Aug 28 so underperforms F10.
Since Aug 28, F10 appreciates 2.9%, my micro-cap portfolio appreciates 3.63%.

If you have to put all your money into only one, which one would it be?

1 Like

I wouldn’t make major decisions based on 1-week of performance. If you want to go week-to-week, then start day-trading options.

Typically, stock market peaks in Aug and bottom in Sep/ Oct.
This year, FANG peaks in late Jul. So can start fishing in mid/late Sep.

2 Likes