FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Buy which one? All are above my average purchase price :slight_smile: So they need to drop MORE !!! :smiling_imp:
I will stick with your previous proposal of 30% margin.

Self explanatory as to which is the right stock to hold :slight_smile:
The one that is paying dividends :slight_smile: and owned by WB.
Having said that, I want all except the one to drop 20%, yes the more the merrier. Please tumbles!!!
The more they drop, the more thrilled I am.

14%20AM

You meant that American company that has huge business exposure in China?

Time for an old fashioned correction

I hope all your Tahoe properties get corrected by 50% first.

Nibbled BAT after 2 months of lapse. When accumulating, you want a declining price.
Frankly, all other F10s are not dropping much. The decline is so mild.

What is in for you? I am all about cash flow. The value is just for bragging rights. I would definitely be buying at a 50% off sale. Stocks or RE. Everyone loves a bargain.

1 Like

How? You are so underinvested? At this rate, manch’s net worth would catch up with you by end of the year. After that, bye bye tortoise.

1 Like

I am in for the long haul. Don’t care how others do. But when everyone is rich then everything is overpriced. Correction is inevitable. I am debt free. The place to be in a bear market. I can refi and buy cheap or not.:sunglasses:

According to Jil, such facility dried up in a bear market :slight_smile: Well, my plan is to do likewise. Let’s hope we can :slight_smile:

1 Like

There is always hard money. But I don’t see another 50% like 2005-9 drop in RE . Loans have been hard to get forever. That means most won’t get hurt in a bear market. RE is sticky, stocks are volatile. So stocks can drop fast. RE can’t. I think a 20% bear drop in stocks is highly likely in the next three years. RE less likely but certainly a possibility. No problem if not highly leveraged

1 Like

Stocks can drop fast but also rise faster. So like @hanera said you are going to be out-run by stock investors.

Don’t care. Like sleeping peacefully. Made enough. Now just concerned about capital preservation. Happy with high dividend stocks and rental income

I figure I would revisit this conversation because today I learned one of my clients (a high tech company) was or is going to be bought out by a larger high tech company. I do not believe this has been reported yet publicly. Other things I know about my clients are things like whether they are growing or more importantly if they are shrinking meaning possible death spiral beginnings. If I buy or sell short some of these companies stocks I think I would be in trouble, no?

yes, above is classic definition of insider trading. You (would) be trading on material non-public information

1 Like

If you post the info here, it would be public since this forum is publicly accessible. People can all buy tomorrow morning before market open. Would that be legal?

Disclaimer: I have no interest to buy this stock. No interest to make money unethically.

It still won’t be considered public information as this is not a widely followed source of information. One of the classic examples I was given was when the CEO of Netflix was sued over posting subscriber count (or something similar to that) on twitter by the FEC as it was considered material info that moved the market that was not available to the general public

If dragonboy posts here, he does not buy, but one of you guys buy without his knowledge. Is he liable?

Buying on rumor is not insider trading, so the buyer would also be innocent.

There are so much rumors in the market. I don’t remember any insider trading charges against the rumors.

1 Like

When downturn comes Real estate is better than stocks as stocks are volatile while real estate is less volatile.

1 Like

I see lending standard is being relaxed day by day. I suspect that this relaxing lending standard will push home price up by another 20%. But this relaxing standard is only for portfolio loans, not sure how big the portfolio loan market is. But it won’t get as bad as the last subprime loan maze.

Las time, were the subprime mortgages bought by FMMA and Freddie Mae? I guess they are not buying this time.