FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Not wrong at all. If he comes in here more often he can save on those financial planner fees :moneybag:

my madman is 3+x :slight_smile: it wasn’t a small money either.

investing is pursuit of making money, using money. trading is also investing.

What’s the size of your stock portfolio?

I can maybe tell in person, but mad man was not small :slight_smile:

Not small meaning how big?

Not telling :slight_smile: This is similar to your 9x where basis is unknown, it doesn’t tell much , intentionally.

I don’t have a basis… :rofl:

The difference is holding time :slight_smile:
GAD (generally accepted definition)
Less than 1 year = Trading
So holding LEAPS for long term capital gain can be considered as investing :slight_smile:

1 Like

My guess is $100k < not small < $1M.

1 Like

Before or after 3+x?

after. not many traders dare to trade more than $1M especially in options. Having said that, I’m aware of a trader that trade up to $20M. Between 2002 to 2008, from a few thousand dollars to $20M trading AAPL calls/LEAPS.

1 Like

That’s one of the irrationalities people have. We all should look at from percentage standpoint not absolute size.

When your total option portfolio past $1M then tell us. Few years ago, my option portfolio went from $75k (initial capital) to $900k+, start to scare, pull out about 50% to buy Austin SFH, recently pull out some more. So not much capital again. Holding so much $ in instruments that is so volatile and can evaporate (expiry date) is pretty scary. Didn’t you read tomato writing during the down days, scared…

2 Likes

Ignorance is bliss when it comes to options.

Mine is pretty far off so not losing sleep over it. I just bought one BABA call couple days back. Will add more next week.

I did lose sleep one day :slight_smile: But wouldn’t last long, it rose too fast, could go down too fast.

My diversification would be into real estate like hanera@, and some active business for cash flow. Too much greed, though, is the root of all evil.

2 Likes

Normal Daily fluctuation may be between 3% to 6% level. When holding a Million means that person can see the stocks value drop or go up by 30k to 60k level in a day. When it drops 60k level, the holder must be seasoned to see the fluctuation normal. Higher the money, tougher to control emotion.

1 Like

if you are holding a million and drops 6%, it’s 60K. IF it’s options, it could be 500k :slight_smile: that takes more endurance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not enough greed, though, is the root of all mediocrity.

1 Like

That is why I hate options as they have time dimensions !