FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Is Tesla nearly bankrupt?

When Tesla’s Model 3 was released, it was supposed to be a $35,000 car… Today, after some delays, the Model 3 is being produced… the price for a bare-bones Model 3 starts at $49,000, and the tax incentives are fading away.

Any1 canceled the order because of this price increase?

If Musk can continue to convince the market that Tesla has a bright future, then the market will continue to finance Tesla’s losses…

Any1 bought TSLA shares recently?

If I was a Tesla investor I’d be seriously worried about the company’s balance sheet. There are some ominous signs that Tesla’s financial situation is deteriorating rapidly. Tesla reportedly recently sent an email to its suppliers asking them to give some money back to help the company with its profitability.

Asking for discount after the contract is signed? Why don’t he ask for free components?

Another red flag went up recently: Musk started to attack short sellers. A short seller who went under the name of Montana Sceptic posted negative research on Tesla on Twitter and SeekingAlpha. Elon Musk personally called the man’s employer and threatened a lawsuit if the employer didn’t silence Montana Sceptic. Historically, companies that have gone after short sellers have had something to hide or were playing a confidence game.

Still waiting for Elon to offer $420 for my shares, I am willing to sell to any1 for $400, a $20 discount :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Short sellers have gotten into musk’s head. If he indeed privatizes Tesla i think one big motivation is that he doesn’t have to be graded by the market anymore.

If there’s indeed a bid, it’s likely either the Saudis or SoftBank. I don’t think the Chinese government will allow Tencent to buy Tesla. It has cracked down hard recently on foreign M&A. One cofounder of the big HNA group, which has done too many merger deals, died from an “accident” in France… but maybe tesla can get exempt because of musk’s cult charm.

Foreign M&A is a drain on hard currency, not good for domestic economy.

Why does elon care about what the short sellers think? Great ceos just do what needs to be done long term and ignore short term noise. Look at netflix for an example

As quoted in bold!!!

30%20AM

Google going back to China seems to be real. Google has not denied and People’s Daily officially welcomed it. Watch out baidu. It’s entrenched so won’t collapse overnight. But still some headwind.

If google indeed goes back in, Facebook has great chance to be allowed in too. Again wechat is already fully entrenched but any new business in a previously forbidden 1.4B market will be huge boost to FB stock.

Baidu ceo was trashtalking just yesterday.

I find competition in China is more cut-throat than in USA. China government is allowing too much competition :sob: Already have BIDU, SHENA and SOGO, now allow GOOG???

Baidu’s tech is shit. It’s universally despised among the Chinese twitter users I’ve seen over the years.

@tomato how’s google internal reacting to going back to China? Anyone asked in all hands on? Google would have to do very heavy censoring. Pretty much selling its soul.

I feel Google shouldn’t enter China market, why sell your soul?

Internally almost everyone is opposing it on ethical grounds. I see it as a necessary evil to even have a chance in the market.

Tell them to oppose at all cost, don’t enter China market. Not just for ethical reason, technology could be stolen. Don’t enter China.

Chinese employees/spies could already do it?

It’s similar to Vatican. Do you butt heads with the Chinese government and be completely shut out? Or do you go in under the party’s terms and at least save a few souls?

There’re always trade offs.

Im on the latter side

If Tesla keeps burning cash, they will constantly have to raise more capital some how. Maybe he thinks private markets will be more generous. The latest bonds have done terrible. New bonds would have an insane interest rate.

what happened to the waiting list? Is it possible to walk-in and buy a 3

This offer is still valid :blush: