FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

04%20AM

1. P/S < 7 and/or P/E < 20: Either undervalued or low growth
  2. P/S > 10 and/or P/E > 40: Either overvalued or high growth

manch’s favorite, FB, is almost ripe for buying.

2 Likes

FB has PS = 10 but PE = 20. Undervalued and high growth? :smile:

You need a column with ROE. You will see BIDU and GOOG are not worth buying.

Growth investors don’t care about ROE, right?
Your favorite FB is only 26% vs AAPL’s 45% and yet you think AAPL sucks.

1 Like

:smile: Nobody knows what’s going to happen. Stats can only tell you so much…

Stats & Prob :slight_smile:

China stocks recover big time.
37%20AM

1 Like

Did I ever say AAPL sucks? If so I made a mistake. It doesn’t suck.

I care about ROE. If Company A has both higher ROE and growth than Company B, A is clearly superior to B. Why bother with B?

Since Aug 28,

F10 … .+29.62% :+1: Dropped from ATH but still very good
AAPL…+34.75% :joy: Faster than F10
TSLA…-11.62% :cry: Elon is losing it
NFLX…+89.65% :grinning: Despite recent decline
AMZN…+98.96% :grin: The stock to own
DimSum… -1.48% :blush: Can’t afford to offer manch a lunch

hmmm, IMO, not correct. Do not just go through with numbers.

IMO, FB & TWTR need to spend lot of money on security tightening issue which will get ride of huge list customer accounts (that includes some good/genuine accounts). This affects direct revenue & Profits. We do not know how long it takes them to complete security compliance worldwide and how long will it take to recover from the set back. I guess a long road, almost 6 months to 12 months to be there to know exact details.

FB has added 47% of additional recruitment to fix this issue, lot of money drain. Now, FB & TWTR are precarious situation than TSLA (sorry to compare this way).

Probably included vaguely related and previously recruited :slight_smile: If not for this, should be like AAPL and AMZN, at ATH :slight_smile:

Yes, FB speed (Profit Magin) was higher than any others in FAANG as it was loosely built since beginning. Even in previous breaks, they never fixed it properly, but this time Z was put into many country house-committee review (forced to comply). If they do not comply, either they get big blns fine and countries may block their site. Reduced customer base, FB needs to find alternate revenue streams to make a good progress. We will come to know about their progress/details in one or two quarterly reports.

FB will be fine. They keep breaking records for daily average users. They’ve already proven they can reduce the number of ads and still grow revenue by increasing ad prices. They aren’t even close to tapping the monetization potential of WhatsApp.

Also, Trump is amazing for them. The never Trump and pro Trump people can’t stop talking about what he’s doing on Facebook.

2 Likes

1 Like

Trump is good for any social media company. Musk is becoming a close second.

23 days later…

Exhaustion gap filled, so wait for it to drop to 200-day SMA before buying.

2 Likes

GOOG has low ROE. Don’t buy.

If you are excited about Apple Pay, you should be ecstatic about WeChat Pay:

We continued to expand the user base of our payment business with MAU surpassing 800 million at the end of June this year. The average daily transaction volume increased by over 40% year-on-year. Benefiting from our initiatives on smart retail and high-frequency low-value payment use cases solutions, our offline commercial payment volume maintained rapid growth, up 280% year-on-year. Commercial payment volume accounted for over half of our total transaction volume for the first time.

Tencent surpassed Alibaba in payment last quarter and the lead widens further. I am thinking of doubling my stake in Tencent. People are pulling their hair out on short term revenue drop in gaming. That’s Tencent’s most boring business to me. All the other new initiatives are extremely exciting.

Alipay is no match to WeChat Pay.

Owned 2 GOOG and 700 TCEHY. Accounted for above :slight_smile:
Don’t you think AMZN, GOOG, MSFT, FB, TCEHY, BABA would eventually hit $1T market cap? Still can make good money buying them.

With the dollar devaluing fast, all will hit 1T market cap and beyond without even needing to expand business.

NFLX roaring?

1 Like