FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

It is after effects of rate hike, noticed similar changes last two or three rate hikes. Financials are down, Tech is down, but value & Dividend aristocrats are maintained or up. Definitely rotation as you see QQQ is 16% YTD while SPY is 9.3% YTD (two days before).

I was expecting this change last week, as usual market behaves weirdly moving one week later. This changes will end in 10-12 days (maximum) before the market turns back.

1 Like

Since Aug 28,

F10 … .+27.7% Down 7% from last week
AAPL…+38.91% :wink: Down 1% from last week
NVDA…+63.58% Down 7% from last week
AMZN…+99.75% Down 11% from last week
NFLX…+110.24% Down 13% from last week
DimSum…-7.89% :persevere: Down 5% from last week.

How are my FANG, ant, and bat doing today? :thinking:

1 Like

All to the slaughter house.

43%20AM

2 Likes

Faang… Slaughterhouse 5 :sunglasses:

This is 3rd day of downfall. It is supposed to stop here, IMO, today end of the day to stabilize. If not, it is tough going forward. I am down almost 10% overall from peak as of now.

I’m only down 6% from peak. Your portfolio is riskier than mine.

1 Like

Or your peak just didn’t go all that high. :smile:

1 Like

Slow and steady wins the race.

Manch is right, my YTD gain was appx around 42%-45%, dropped to 35% yesterday and 33% today. I am not changing the mix, except added few stocks like AMZN, GOOGL, TSLA, MU.

In fact, the biggest drop is TSLA (7% down), but I am ok with it as I expect recovery once results are announced (Unless it goes to $180/190 as manch/elt1 often says !!!)

Expecting this show down, in fact predicting, I moved some stocks to cash position.

Planning to take further COST, MA…etc, but seeing lot of good stocks are coming like thanksgiving sale this week.

By year end, if I go back to my original 45%, it is great deal.

Nibbled BABA, TCEHY and TSLA today.
Only TCEHY is trading above purchase price.
Nibbled FB last Friday, trading above.
Original GTC purchase price for TSLA is $247… changed it to $255.50 because of competition… bad move :frowning:

1 Like

Are all these purchases at least $50k in value? If not, don’t bother mentioning.

Stop breathing down my neck :hot_face:
TCEHY is above $50k :+1: The others would take awhile… slow and steady like you said :slight_smile: to acquire them.

That’s not what I meant. I meant you have to buy huge amount and then go slow and steady with them. For your case, buying $5M is appropriate (equals the value of your cupertino houses).

I spilt TSLA to 50 to $255 and another 50 to $253. Next purchase , if drops further to $245, but I may have money by Wednesday not tomorrow!

manch’s target is beckoning!

So even after Elon got off the SEC investigation with a wrist slap, TSLA continues to sink. Why?

Take some risk, buy FB :slight_smile:

It just occurred to me that all the support lines on your charts are hovering around the 52 week lows.

Occur quite often. Many techniques converge. May be they are mathematically equivalent?

WB once said FA and TA links by the waist (can’t remember the exact words :blush:)