FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

TSLA and FB led the tech stocks down. My eyes hurt.

Today FB and TSLA, tomorrow APPLā€¦ down and down we goā€¦ :rofl:

My brokerage only has TSLA options to Feb 18. I want some Jan 19 puts.

1 Like

You should change to AmeriTrade/ ThinkOrSwim platform if you want to trade options. Best option platform, and started by an ex-Apple badge. I think he left to start another option trading platform :smile: Iā€™m too lazy to change platform after getting used to ToS. Canā€™t even remember the name of his new baby.

Interactive Brokers is really cheap. Iā€™ve thought about switching, but I donā€™t do enough options trading.

Free to change. Their graphing and tools are superb. I have three monitors, one showing this blog & iMessage. The other showing ToS. Another multipurpose.

2 Likes

When Wuqijun buys a Bolt then buy Tesla stock. ā€¦that will be the bottom. .500k buyers waiting for Godotā€¦Meanwhile GM, BMW, Nissan and others are silently building better productsā€¦The Tesla window is shortā€¦Musk has at most 2 years to stop lying and start producing. ā€¦If not he will just be a battery makerā€¦

1 Like

That means you will never buy any Tsla stockā€¦ :rofl:

My point exactly
Besides the money is in the battery

Musk should focus on something that can make money

Although with his ADD focus is very hard for him

They canā€™t make the batteries thoughā€¦

Thatā€™s fineā€¦ if you missed out on the EV wave thereā€™s always AI coming your wayā€¦ :rofl:

Maybe in 2 years Musk will figure out how to make a lot of batteriesā€¦ If not the Chinese willā€¦
Renoā€™s economy is betting on Musk batteries, hope he succeedsā€¦ a lot easier than building cars

1 Like

Lithium batteries are changing everything
From power tools, golf carts and the potential for living off the grid with house batteriesā€¦ I think batteries are a better short term bet than carsā€¦

I am buying lithium miners. No matter who makes the cars they all need lithium for their batteries.

Which ones? I looked at that but I wasnā€™t impressed with the ones I saw. I donā€™t get why the growth rates are so low.

Lithium and battery themes have been hot and coldā€¦ the last time they are hot is when the first iPod was launched.

I am buying ALB, the largest lithium miner. Stock has doubled this year.

1 Like

How did their revenue decline from 2015 to 2016 if Lithium is growing in popularity? Q1ā€™17 revenue was down yr/yr and Q2ā€™17 revenue was only up 10%. Thatā€™s what I donā€™t get about these miners. The demand for Lithium is supposedly booming, but the revenue growth isnā€™t there. The stock doubled while revenue growth is less than 10% in the first half of this year?

For all the excitement about EVā€™s they still only make up a teeny tiny percentage of cars. Buying ALB today is a bet on a future dominated by EV. Maybe you can make a case that the stock is getting ahead of itself.

2 Likes

Reminds me of cell tower equipment makers ahead of 3G roll out.

1 Like