FANGMANT/ Manificient Seven + NFLX

Wow. A bunch of freeloaders! :smile:

1 Like

4 years from now. Is expiry :slight_smile: date

2 Likes

You opened yourself up to surefire losing with that kind of a timespan. Even tslaā€™s market cap could exceed Aaplā€™s in 4 years timeā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

Since Aug 28, 2017,

F10 +8.53% Dropped 5% from last week
AAPL +4.35% Dropped 6% from last week
GOOG +13.43% Dropped 8% from last week
NFLX +58.65% Dropped 13% from last week
AMZN +72.21% Dropped 6% from last week
DimSum -8.72% Dropped 3% from last week

No mood to do emoji? :blush:

How so? Still has massive holding and sitting pretty with all those RE.

1 Like

Facebook
Bad news:
Facebook woes prompts 93 US mutual funds selloff

Facebook Employees Are Miserable; Hereā€™s Why Investors Need to Pay Attention

Facebook Could See More Volatility ā€“ How to Own the Stock

Is the narrative sufficiently pessimistic? If so, long FB now could be the right thing to doā€¦

Since nobody else wants them, Facebook is buying back its own shares by the billions

Facebookā€™s Blockchain Bet Could Pay Off

Every big fund that needs to sell by year end has already sold I think. They need to be able to say to their customers they donā€™t own FB.

Itā€™s just that the macro picture is still extremely ugly because of POS Trump.

We will know what they really think in Jan 2019. If FB rallies, it means they still think is ok to invest in FB. Hedge funds are not much better than retail investors, they behave like cows too, herd mentality. A few big funds sell, the rest follow.

Sorry guys, but can you guys give me a summary of whether weā€™re expecting more of a downturn? My kids are asking me to open stock accounts for them and Iā€™m wondering if I should wait to put money in until after the new year. Although one account is a Roth IRA, so Iā€™m assuming I donā€™t have a lot of leeway on that.

Nobody knows for sure. But the sooner you do it the better because stocks can only go up long term.

1 Like

ā€œThough it has a low profile compared with Chinaā€™s Internet giants, Huaweiā€™s revenue last year was more than Alibaba Group Holding Ltd., Tencent Holdings Ltd. and Baidu Inc. combined.ā€

If this the case, @hanera, why no one invested or not even talking until CFO arrested?

Because you didnā€™t tell us :smiley:

1 Like

LOL !

Now I got it is private

Thirty-one years after its founding, Huawei Technologies Co. remains a private entity fully owned by company employees. That means the company is not traded on any public market and that people other than current employees cannot invest in it.

You can teach them to Dollar Cost Average into the market after the fed rate decision ten days from now. Thatā€™ll be a good long term learning.

1 Like

FB has bottomed?
How about NVDA?

21%20AM

Many have bottomed.

1 Like

AAPL and BIDU are still establishing new low lower than that established in Nov. The other 8 are trading higher than Nov low. Market wants to go up! TSLA, NFLX and GOOG are also green now.

49%20AM

1 Like

Santa stuck in the chimney?

After delivering the present?