Federal Judge Rules Affordable Care Act Is Unconstitutional Without Insurance-Coverage Penalty

Just travel internationally even a little bit and you’ll realize the US is far different.

1. We offer free refills on soda and our soda sizes are much larger. We drink tons of sugar calories. Even many of the new flavored water products have just as much sugar and calories as soda. Most juices have added sugar.

2. It’s common for US restaurant meals to be 2,000 calories or more. That’s an entire day’s worth of calories. You have to find the healthy or lite portion of the menu to order something that’s an appropriate number of calories. That section is maybe 10% of the total menu.

3. #2 leads to people thinking restaurant portions are normal. They cook and eat the same quantities at home.

There’s a reason US rates of preventable chronic illness are 3-5x higher than other developed countries. We spend most of our healthcare money on preventable chronic illness. If our rates of chronic illness were on par with other countries, then we’d have one of the most cost effective healthcare systems in the world. The US is 4.4% of the world population, and we’re consuming 80% of the prescription drugs.

We spent 2 generations educating the public that fat was bad, and it’s OK to eat as much sugar as you want. Now we’re paying for it. The sad part is we aren’t being nearly aggressive enough about educating people on proper nutrition.

1 Like

Oh, I didn’t know there weren’t enough votes, you know, republicans holding the majority in the senate, no, I didn’t know that…:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:.
Maybe the idiot POS president’s plan was a crappy one to begin with. Maybe that was why the honorable McCain, the one mocked for dying from cancer by the POS president and his millions of cruel, stupid minions cheering the mockery…voted it down?

Incredible! Cheering the very soon death of an ex-POW dying of cancer. How cruel these traitor republicans are! Jesus!

Now, I bet you that as soon as this judge declared ACA unconstitutional, the republicans called all their buddies to meet in the senate or congress to vote on TRUMPCARE. Of course, they did………not!
What plan?

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

““We spent 2 generations blah, blah, blah””"…It seems dumb people never learned, right? Why don’t you start with your fat ass president for a change! (be best, eating McDonald’s like a pig, or whatever that stupid meme is :face_vomiting:)

Marcus, you can’t answer where is the Trumpcare for all.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Stop spinning!

Show me, bring the rules, the costs of a premium under Trumpcare, bring how easy is to sing up, who qualifies, whatever! You can’t, can you? If you can’t, well, just STHU. It was just another lie to dumb down you and your cohorts. Like the wall paid for by Mexico! :laughing::laughing:

This is the same ignorance you displayed last time of not knowing how the senate works. You should learn why it takes 60 not a simple majority.

2 Likes

You can spin it all you want, the question remains:

Where is the Trumpcare act?

If you can’t bring it, just STHU.

Now we are talking about the filibuster option? I used to spin, it was fun! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You are just pulling stuff out of that ignorant part of your skull, aren’t you? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

It seems that you just throw stuff around expecting anything to stick. Your lack of comprehension of what’s going on with the ACA and the AHCA is so pathetic.

You just don’t get it, do you? Both parties were gambling with the votes, they both knew they had enough votes for either the repeal or the staying of ACA. Democrats knew McCain and other republicans would vote against their own party, and republicans were expecting some democrats to join them. It was a gamble and it paid off for one party only! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Any dumb person would understand what I am saying by reading “THE PIVOTAL VOTE”.

One vote killed AHCA, which you didn’t even know as such.

Next time read, pay attention when you respond with that pathetic “60 votes”, this is allegedly your language.

Filibustering………:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
THE PIVOTAL VOTE…….

Now you’re just making yourself look even worse. I guess you don’t know what a filibuster is and why it takes 60 votes to stop it.

One of the dumbest things we ever did in this country was to allow TV and radio ads for prescription drugs.
As for educating people on nutrition - I’d love to think that would bring costs down but it wouldn’t. People eat poorly because they’re lazy and lack discipline, not because they don’t know any better.

I think most people would be shocked at how bad they eat. The number of times I’ve heard people say something is “fat free” or “low fat” thinking it means it’s healthy is insane. Plus, now we know diet soda leads to the same insulin spike, crash, and binge eating as regular soda. Diet soda isn’t any better.

I haven’t run into folks with those attitudes. Most people know healthy weight is about calories in and calories burned. And some of it is individual. One quarter of people will respond to a high salt diet with elevated blood pressure. The other three quarters can eat salt til the bats come home and it won’t affect them adversely.

Now we are talking about the filibuster option? I used to spin, it was fun! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

You are just pulling stuff out of that ignorant part of your skull, aren’t you? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

It seems that you just throw stuff around expecting anything to stick. Your lack of comprehension of what’s going on with the ACA and the AHCA is so pathetic.

You just don’t get it, do you? Both parties were gambling with the votes, they both knew they had enough votes for either the repeal or the staying of ACA. Democrats knew McCain and other republicans would vote against their own party, and republicans were expecting some democrats to join them. It was a gamble and it paid off for one party only! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Any dumb person would understand what I am saying by reading “THE PIVOTAL VOTE”.

One vote killed AHCA, which you didn’t even know as such.

Next time read, pay attention when you respond with that pathetic “60 votes”, this is allegedly your language.

Filibustering………:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
THE PIVOTAL VOTE…….