Flipping (Bernal Height)

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/625-Jarboe-Ave-94110/home/760518

Before 1.15M:

After asking 2.4M:

Located in one of Bernal Height’s most walkable and sunny neighborhood, this fully-detached heirloom home blends livability and sophistication. Newly remodeled with the highest quality of craftsmanship, 625 Jarboe is centered on a walkout garden and takes advantage of the oversized corner lot and its abundance of natural light. The home’s flexible layout has been optimized for today’s evolving lifestyles. The upper level features an open kitchen, luxurious Master Suite and nursery while the lower level has 2 bedrooms and a den. Radiant floor heating, Thermador and Bosch appliances, Marvin windows, custom details, 1-car garage, laundry room, storage and bespoke architectural details complete the revived home.

It’s only “fully detached” by a foot or so:

1 Like

House itself is obviously pretty nice but at 2.4M I mind as well be in a different neighborhood. You go up and down the street and some of the houses around you are quite ratty and old. I don’t get the allure of Bernal Heights quite frankly.

There aren’t too many listings right now that are exact, but for me, I want to be in a nicer neighborhood with homes even more expensive than mine (to pull me along, I don’t want to be the sole leader, and who knows when other houses will be redone).

Yes, these are not exactly the same (cheaper) but I would rather have either of these homes instead of that Bernal Heights remodel:

“Walkable and sunny neighborhood” works wonder on millennials, grandpa. :slight_smile:

Yeah, hold on to your wallet when you are walking at night millennial…

Ensconced between two of SF’s highest crime districts, the Mission on the north and Hunter’s Point on the south, Bernal Heights has not completely managed to escape the problems that plague these areas. Gang violence and property crime are a problem along the major thoroughfares and though police have cracked down Bernal Heights is still a higher crime area than some of its similarly positioned neighbors. The area also has a relatively high murder rate given its size, with almost two murders per year on average.

Another Bernal flip!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/50-Patton-St-94110/home/915971

Before 1.05M:

After asking 1.8M:

An opportunity to own move-in ready 4 bedroom / 4 bathroom completely remodeled Victorian home in Bernal Heights. Featuring a very welcoming and spacious floor plan, along with a gourmet kitchen with Thermador appliances. The property’s location is just a couple minutes walk from all the parks, restaurants, shopping, and entertainment that Bernal Heights has to offer. There is also an attached garage and plenty of outdoor backyard space.

Flippers have a hard time finding a sucker err I mean buyer. But hey look at that shiny kitchen!

Uh, my example #2 at 2.2M pended already. Did your Bernal one even get a sniff yet???

Still sitting. No taker.

Got this in my email. TIC home in Bernal heights. Condo conversion looks very lucrative.

These are 4 amazingly renovated Edwardian TIC homes in trendy, hip and SUNNY Bernal Heights!

The homes include:
high ceilings
wide plank hardwood floors
stainless steel appliances
high-end fixtures
marble tile and counter tops
Gorgeous gourmet kitchen/great room
master bedroom with ensuite bathroom
walk-out garden
bay windows
private garage (unit 31A)
private yard (unit 31B)
private deck (unit 33B)
and much more!

1 Like

Agreed! I saw a multi unit building in Oakland that condo converted. The combination of the individually sold units eclipsed what the whole building may have sold for earlier (projected). Depending on the city and regulations, I would think buying multi unit fixers and converting to condos would be up your deep pockets… (SF of course harder but other cities maybe not)