For all the 1%s here

Just in case you didn’t read the article. Those guys are not evading tax. Their composition of income shifts towards dividends, away from payrolls as they get richer. Since dividend tax rate is lower than payroll tax rate, their effective tax rate is lower. In any case, read many articles recommending working folks to build up their passive income (aka dividend income) so they can retire.

1 Like

Yes… :slight_smile:

Key question is how to get capital & how to manage risk, especially when there is a recession.

Exactly :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: That is exactly what the “Millionaire Next Door” would do.

Just like my parents who cut the 2 for 1 meals coupon for Burger King and then go there to discuss what stocks to invest in.

https://www.amazon.com/Millionaire-Next-Door-Surprising-Americas/dp/1589795474

I remember back in the days in college everyone loves the SI , lightweight and easy to mod. SF the fast and furious dragonboy knows his stuff.
Probably like a 10 sec Si.

I’m not sure about @sfdragonboy, but I’m pretty sure his older brother is one.

I read that article and they are talking about tax evasion. Not just making assets more tax efficient.

BTW that’s exactly the reason why I like traditional IRA instead of Roth. The more money you have, the better you can evade the taxman. Not that I am advocating that kind of behavior though. :wink:

Exactly, Big Brother is THE MAN…he really should just retire and be on here all day and chatting with you all about stocks and real estate. Dude is a lifer engineer who drives a beat up car. Such a throwback…

At least he lives in a mansion in Saratoga, so he is not stingy when it comes to the primary residence.

True, but when he parks his sheety car on the driveway his neighbors’ houses just devalued by 5% easily…:slight_smile:

Only two kinds of people drive beat up cars: really frugal (meaning rich) people and really poor people :slight_smile:

For sure, but you gotta enjoy LIFE a little too, no??? Why save it ALL to just give it to your kids??? They will have plenty for sure. Balance in life is key and you have to stop to smell the roses… you do only have one ride…

It’s a tradeoff.

Some people enjoy life too much --> spendthrift
Some people enjoy life too little --> miser

Nothing to do with rich or poor. Both can be misers or spendthrifts.

But the point is that once you’ve made it (clearly) and you are in the later part of your life what should you do??? You can’t take it with you nor does do the riches technically extend your life. Imagine how crazy this world would be if actually money did in fact could buy you more years. Talk about competition!!! I am all for true work-life balance with the emphasis that you tilt towards LIFE when you can. Tomorrow is NOT promised to you…

Money does buy more life. Rich people live longer…

1 Like

Yes, but beyond access to healthcare, better quality food, etc, your life is still finite and not impacted solely if you spend more money on X. There is no magic X…

There was a movie with that premise. “In time” 2011, people were bioengineered to expire on their 26 birthday unless they could buy their way out of it. It was a good movie.

1 Like

Hmmm, Justin Timberlake eh??? I may have to find a copy of this or perhaps I can watch it online or maybe Youtube (not a Netflix cat)…

Just when I think there’s no room left for subscriber growth.

1 Like

My apology for giving you wrong impression about me.
Please, kindly remove my name from the list. :joy_cat: