Maybe the house is on an ancient burial ground and was cursed?
Anyways…No garage and no way to undo the conversion (the doors had been removed) is, in my observation a negative.
Maybe the house is on an ancient burial ground and was cursed?
Anyways…No garage and no way to undo the conversion (the doors had been removed) is, in my observation a negative.
Ok, @terri, I will be as stubborn as @marcus335 and pull something/anything to “win”… Ah, I got it, there is a 4 in the address number. Bingo, we go with that…
Yeah sure… The number is 48*48 which is scary to anyone but a mathematician.
UH, actually 4848 is good…think of it as a sort of double negative, sort of…kind of
Oops, meant for inlaw thread…
Here’s one to watch:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Emerald-Hills/3339-Oak-Knoll-Dr-94062/home/1995642
No garage, and it’s a bit of a hike from the street.
They look desparate. Reduced price 99K in 3 days after listing.
Could’ve been a typo, but I agree.
Unlikely.
They made a typo from: $1,999,000 - > 1,199,000, but the other from 1,199 to 1100 doesn’t look like it.
Point…
I don’t understand why they’re changing it so quickly.
I also can’t find whatever listing there was before–if you look at the redfin stats, they have 7 tours total, but 1 this time. Someone seems to have deleted a listing. I wonder what the price and date were.
Converting a garage into a bedroom with a bathroom can be a good way to add usable living space without building an entirely new addition. The main benefits are gaining an extra bedroom, improving the home’s functionality, and potentially increasing its value. It can also work well for guests, an older family member, or rental use, depending on local regulations.
The downsides are that the project can become expensive if you need to add plumbing, insulation, windows, HVAC, electrical work, or upgrade the garage floor and walls to meet residential building requirements. You may also lose valuable parking or storage space, and permits or zoning requirements can affect the project.
Before starting, I would get a detailed estimate that accounts for both construction and permit-related costs. I found a useful breakdown on how much a garage conversion costs on San Diego Home Remodeling, including the main factors that can affect the final price.