God, Even HongKongers Envy Singapore

Not everyone, mostly complaint hk gov are the younger generations where they prefer to eat $2000 french dinner/3 trips a years rather than saving and investing prepare for future. They take things for granted. If they don’t get what they want, they complaint. All my relatives in hk, they love the hk gov and have 0 interest moving anywhere.

Are they pro-China or pro-Independence?

Young people in HK have no hope of ever buying their own places without parents’ help. If you can’t ever save enough anyway you may as well blow it off on travel and eating out.

HK government is the wet dream of libertarians and a train wreck for the younger generation. SG is much better governed.

1 Like

Young couples has top priority in HDBs. A deliberate policy to give $ to young couples because HDBs are subsidized, sure to make 30 to 50% at the end of minimum occupation period.

That’s why I have no sympathy to the “free market” ideology. Like all ideologies it is just too pure and too simplified for the real world.

Sometimes the government should intervene.

Especially housing, otherwise guys like me who happen to be born earlier would grab all the houses and doom the youth as renters. Is not possible in Singapore because of the priority, ABSD and many policies that make buying more than 1 house more difficult and expensive. Youth needs some help from the government to nullify the advantage of being born earlier.

1 Like

you can say Pro stable… majority of hk ppl are

Young people in HK have no hope of ever buying their own places without parents’ help. If you can’t ever save enough anyway you may as well blow it off on travel and eating out.

that is absolutely not true. A lot lot more opportunity in hk than here. All the young ppl need to do is open up their view and hate against china, and take opportunity.

While I understand the sentiment, I have no sympathy for people who bank on government assistance.

Also the sale of the $10M HKD subsidized housing is fake news. You have to pay for the land premium upon sale in the private market so really the seller pocketed around $7M HKD.

7M for government flats is rather extreme you don’t think?

Once sold in the private market, these subsidized condos are treated the same as regular condos. When you have nano studios in the boonies sold for $2M HKD, a 3 br sold at $7M in Mong Kok is not surprising. But yes RE in HK is crazy.

That means pro-China.

Pro Trump is automatically anti China.

7M flat is extreme for gov, but there’s plenty, i mean plenty of 4-5 mil flat 400sq(500+ contruction),
Ppl young generation prefer 200 sq ft new house with club house/facility, they don’t want older house(15-20+ years), 3 months ago, i see plenty of flat around 350sq, in tokwawan, MK for around 4.5-6mil

because when they tell their friends to come over, without a clubhouse , it’s not cool…
And articles you read, it’s all about cherry picking data. just go look around , you’ll find plenty of ~ 5 million flat in of course not the best area, but many areas.

And i always see you believe in those cherry picking data articles. if you dig deeper in majority of them, story is different

Come on, just copy your neighbor!!!

https://www.yahoo.com/news/malaysia-pm-calls-chinas-help-fiscal-problems-045655894.html

Copy everything except meritocracy. Bumiputra has certain rights (opposite of affirmative action).

1 Like

Singapore even? I though was only Malaysia.