Golden Gate Heights Pricing

Nobody uses bathtubs nowadays. We are not princesses. We all have busy lives. So to take a shower standing up you need some height clearance. Even if technically you can fit a tall person standing up in there, will all the moisture this close to the shower head damage the ceiling?

Like tunnel entry this curved ceiling over bathtub is a brain-dead design. And this house has both?!

This bathroom can’t be used as-is. Buyers need to remodel right off the bat. I say it will lower price by at least 100K.

For a master bathroom, yes no bathtub (unless you have room for a real, deep soaking stand-along tub). I regret putting in a combo tub to this day as we have never taken a bath there. But, remember, there are still some families left out there and if they are buying in the Sunset a bathtub in the main bathroom could still be useful for the babies.

That curved ceiling can be raised up fairly high enough that it would be fine. There is such a thing called a vent fan you know if the windows are not operable or you want to modernize it.

This was a fairly standard design (separate tub and shower stall) apparently in many or most Sunset homes. One can wait until the wallet gets fat enough again to remodel if necessary. It is certainly usable for now, just not new that’s all.

That house has only ONE bathroom. No, I don’t think it’s usable without remodeling. It will still sell of course. Nothing price can’t fix.

This was EXACTLY like my house when I bought it. I have seen way worse. A home on my block had a sunken foundation so the floors above were not remotely level. At the open house, I saw a guy put down his flashlight and it rolled FAST without any pushing. Guess what? Yes, the owner moved in there and lived there until they figured out what they wanted to do. This is nothing. One can surely live there if no immediate money or ideas. I just had options and money to tear it all down to studs and rework it over a year or so. Yeah, my neighbors were wondering who was crazy enough to leave a big home empty for that long? Me.

The bathroom has to be gutted, kitchen too…Plus it needs a master bath…total fixer…The current version is just lipstick on a pig…

1 Like

No need, this finally sold after a few haircuts. Not sure why then it still sold at 1.54M then. Poor staging still hurt it on the release, me thinks… Don’t ever list incorrectly (too high) or not stage. You end up paying for it in reduced profit.

It’s pretty good value at 1.5. I still don’t get what all the hate is about.

Well, the kitchen is original and would need to be remodeled. When you take that into consideration, perhaps buyers didn’t think the initial higher pricing was justified. I would think people offered less than asking but maybe the seller wouldn’t budge (until now). One has to wash and vacuum a car if they want a good, first impression which hopefully results in a quick sale. I really believe the presentation and poor listing price strategy did this one in from the get go.

Bam! Mr. Chan gets paid once again… actually this is a pretty good deal for GGH

I saw that. Actually I thought it would go higher. I’m disappointed with his performance.

2 Likes

Yeah, sale price is low. But they closed escrow fast. So it seems they are paying cash? I’d rather buy this than anything Sunset has to offer. Central and increasingly Outer Sunset are in a bubble.

If central sunset is in a bubble what about Sunnyvale?

No way, because Asians specifically LOVE the Sunset and if that open house I went to is any indication, non Asians as well are joining the bandwagon. Asians are experts on real estate. Who doesn’t know that? It is so simple to understand, yet, you want to dismiss it. Where else in the Fab 7x7 can you get a SFH with some yard, with decent to good schools, fairly low crime, good access to freeways, good street parking and no freaking extra BS HOA, all rolled up into one? Sunset baby!!! I am laughing all the way to the bank!!! I am going to try to visit that killer home that both SFGATE and Curbed fawned over this Sunday. Boy, they will need to break out the Disneyland turnstiles or hand out tickets cuz this will be an epic open house like the one on Ortega and Sunset Blvd.

Sunnyvale is nuts. I think we have 3 or 4 people on this forum alone sniffing there. :smile:

Another cheap stuff in GGH!

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/780-Pacheco-St-94116/home/953704

3/2/1600. But no inside pic. Tenant occupied?

Maybe that’s the new strategy. Not posting any pic so you actually go to the open house?

The Machine is back with another one for ya!!!

I’ve been watching this one for a whhiiiiiile. It hit the market earlier in 2017 and sat. And sat. Because the price was too high. Finally the owners got a new agent, and the agent talked some sense into the owners about what pricing looks like for an unremodelled house stuck in the 80s, and underpriced the house at 1.79M, and boom, the house sells quickly for 2.0M.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/2184-Funston-Ave-San-Francisco-CA-94116/15118299_zpid/?fromHomePage=true

Redfin link below (doesnt show the sales price yet)

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/2184-Funston-Ave-94116/home/963853

10% below what he would like, don’t see why agent is great?

eventually sells at 2. got it.

That said, i would have suggested the owner to renovate, even in some small way.