Google’s Hope and Dreams In India

No hope for Apple with its $1000 USD phones.

Used iPhones :slight_smile:

Why used iPhones when they can buy a brand new Xiaomi or Oppo? Even poor people have prides too.

Apple will unveil a $100 phone just for the Indian market.

Apple selling phones for less than a pair of earbuds? :smile:

Yes of course. Apple needs to be cheaper than the Chinese companies.

Gee!
if Indians are that smart, what the shell are they waiting to have their own Googlindia? :laughing:

Tech sector to be hit?

The Trump administration notified Congress on Monday that it wants to scrap trade concessions for India, the largest beneficiary of the so-called generalized system of preferences that impacts $5.7 billion worth of goods.

The move affects just a fraction of India’s trade flows, yet it comes weeks before India’s national elections, and just as Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s government is trumpeting its foreign policy prowess and military strength following a stand-off with Pakistan.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-03-05/trump-slaps-india-on-trade-just-as-u-s-seeks-its-help-on-china

As expected, after China, Trump would go after other nations till no concessions for all trading nations. So far EU, Canada and Mexico settled. Soon China settled. Other nations who have been getting tons of concessions or unfair tariff have to be prepared to face Trump wrath, better hope he won’t be re-selected for second term.

1 Like

I get it, he “wants” to do good for the country, but we know that he is not good at negotiating if he doesn’t spit, yells, threatens, diminishes, and insults on his way out.

One of the traits of philosophers and big thinkers is that they are patient. They observe, think, and then act.

This president on the other hand, speaks louder, threatens, he is trying to achieve so much, and I believe this is in response to his many failures. He has promised a lot, but delivered too little. The classic throwing anything on the wall, something is going to stick to it saying. :wink:

I don’t think India is going to be hit that hard based on the comments on these reports, but no matter what, India is a better partner than Pakistan. Hurting India, hurts our alliance.