Google Tanked. Anyone Buying?

Only 3.5% drop, no big deal. Only interested if more than 10%.

1 Like

Apparently, some of @harriet’s peeps got some money leftover from avocado toast to buy some shares…

1 Like

Google has too many employees. I heard there is a hiring freeze. Can anyone confirm?

Not a major drop!

I own google and continue to hold it. If the drop is more than 10%, I will buy further

If google starts to disappoint, it could mean the new net industry is saturating. It’s a concern for the whole tech sector now.

Now we need to watch AAPL earnings closely. Google and Apple can give us reliable readings of the tech health.

When both Google and Apple start to disappoint, we need to sell some BA RE and buy something in non-coastal markets

Is a @BAGB poll coming???:grinning: (relax…)

Goog tanked and Apple rose… I guess Google isn’t going to overtake Apple’s market cap anytime soon… :wink:

2 Likes

AAPL knows that people buy less iPhones so they price X more. It paid off. But unit sales is down!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/iphone-sales-numbers-dipped-slightly-223030607.html?.tsrc=applewf

1 Like

Well, obviously investors could care less about that… :rofl:

Bull market can go further than the fundamentals can support. Unit sale down is a sign of stalling growth and market saturation.

Oxymoron. Are you positive or negative about Apple? Once past this innovators, don’t you think Apple would reduce price for the early adopters & (early) early majority?

MFST and AMZN are near their ATHs.

1 Like

Management needs to justify all projects are worth keeping. Googl does not itemize their side business revenue on income statements. It is thought it is just 1/3 or less of total. So Googl is still a search engine giant with revenue from Adwords. Redfin pretends it is a technology company but Wall Street investors think it is more a discount brokerage like Zip realty. The last month stock price suggesting it is going down hill.
Many stock brokers suggest defer urge until further drop. Remember AOL?

Facebook’s cost control is so much better than google. No money pits aka moonshots. Just focus on the bread and butter.

Tank? Lol

1 Like

Be thankful for the moonshots. You owe autonomous car to them. It is a nice bet if you ask me, can displace uber on a blink.

1 Like

Are you working in Google? Autonomous car is not reality in SV yet. Elsewhere, World’s First Self-Driving Taxis Debut in Singapore

Is Uber’s vision to replace humans with self-driving cars. Your statement is … pretend you’re not aware of Uber’s vision?

Where is google self driving car? I want to buy one.

1 Like

I am a google employee, but i do not have internal info. Just talking from external pov. And yes. Google tech is superior to uber :slight_smile: