Here is the windfall, someone's Stock option of recent IPO income ! Copied from reddit!

What??? You want him to breakdown faster?

Perhaps you need to change your picture.

He is actually doing really well. And he is definitely not wishy washy. He kept all the money to himself and his spouse does not even know he has a lot of money, not even his parents.

He is not wishy washy. His mistake is to ask people who are less successful than himself :rofl:

The fact that he is reading so much about financial options and asking the whole world means that he will most likely have a good plan.

I guess people like to help people who are less successful than them. When a rich guy asks for free advice, people would turn against the poor rich guy.

1 Like

Yes, thatā€™s right. People are just jealous of him for being young and already so rich.

2 Likes

He is rich but not young. 35.

What would you say if a billionaire asks you how to manage his money?

Umā€¦ It is considered ā€œyoungā€ to have $8M at only 35 and is reason enough to cause envy.

1 Like

If the spouse does not know anything about the $8M, can he form an anonymous company and store all his money there to make it his own property?

This is called financial infidelity of course. More anxiety in addition to tax and investment.

1 Like

No. Heā€™d spend far less than the taxes to protect the stock at a desired selling price. If the stock goes up, he gets to keep the extra gains. If the stock tanks, heā€™s protected.

1 Like

Youā€™d like to think that. Wishy washy types tend to be afraid to spend the money at all, and youā€™re left feeling guilty over spending anything at all.

You missed my point. You are being technically correct but he is new to options. The conventional wisdom is options is risky and you want him to spend a fortune in puts. This would complicate his situation and increased his anxiety. Options is not for newbie.

1 Like

Keeping his money a secret doesnā€™t make him less wishy washy. Typically people only worry when they donā€™t have money, not the other way around.

He really needs to share the discussion with his spouse. A burden shared is a burden halved.

Also, he should sell some, but not all of the stock. Like even $100K, so he can fret less. it doesnā€™t have to be all-or-nothing.

You know this guy is going to spend all his money on some useless financial advising crap and have his money all wasted away.

I would suggest him to buy calls :slight_smile:

Jil gives free advice. Heā€™ll be ok.

Though I guess heā€™s on the wrong forum. (I didnā€™t think reddit was for investing advice)

Thatā€™s my job! Tell him to call me.

1 Like

I didnt know this forum was about stocks. It says re there in the domain.

1 Like

LOL :slight_smile:

Yes itā€™s not healthy at all, but what do I know.