Hmm, Millennials Move Too Much

One of my co-workers moved to Seattle a few years ago from Livermore… She said when she first moved to Seatlte her rent was cheaper, the place was bigger, and it was super close to work. In just a few years, Seattle is more expensive than Livermore, the apartment is smaller than Livermore, and she’s not as close as she was when she first moved to Seattle.

1 Like

Is she planning to move back to SV?

No. Most people here aren’t from SV either. They are from all over the place, and they think Seattle RE is expensive. I can’t imagine they’d want to move to SV where RE is even more expensive.

1 Like

I guess, the strategy is to save… once enough, quit tech and go somewhere with good quality of life and reasonable cost of living, do something less stressful :grin:

3 Likes

That’s what I’m trying to do. Tech too stressful, and the age discrimination

1 Like

Speaking of Livermore:

Now it will be harder to move back to Livermore. Getting more and more $$$$$.

chance to win lottery close to 0…

1 Like

My beloved mortgage broker owns a large spread in Livermore. She loves it there… I would think it would be too hot in the summer for me…

Its not just hot… its terrible hot for me in Livermore.
I guess it’s the matter how you cope with it.
I have old friend in Livermore who mentioned at first he pretended to like it and later he accepted… From denile to acceptance.
I can’t even pretend to like heat… to hot for me too

If Livermore is too hot move to SF. Balmy 60s in July and August. You need a jacket at night.

You can install AC in your house. Livermore is pleasant now, and it’s pleasant for most of the year. Much better than Sacramanto

Going out is a thing people do, you know!

You can go out in your car and drive to Hayward which is much cooler

not as convenient.
A lot of millenials can drive to city from south bay, but they don’t.

good thing is I am mentally too old for living in the city :slight_smile:

I think Livermore climate is still much much better than Austin, NY, Miami. Tons of billionaires still live there.

If you have AC and a pool Livermore is perfect weather…Nice balmy nights

1 Like

https://alndata.com/multifamily-floorplan-distribution/?st-t=fb&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=multifamily_blog

1 Like

Um, how is Bakersfield on the list? I feel like it’s one of those “pick which of these isn’t like the others” test.

1 Like