Home Inspectors - Watch Out

Ok, this might be when Yelp could be really helpful in helping you find a good home inspector…

As a buyer, you are entitled to know exactly what you are getting. Don’t take anything for granted, not even what you see or what the seller or listing agent tell you. A professional home inspection is something you MUST do, whether you are buying an existing home or a new one. An inspection is an opportunity to have an expert look closely at the property you are considering purchasing and getting both an oral and written opinion as to its condition.

Is there any ultimate guide to chose really good home inspector?
I am interested in inspection electricity and mechanical stuff

I suppose my fav company, Yelp, would be a start or can at least lead you to ones that people liked.

One thing to be mindful about when it comes to home inspections and their contracts is that it is fairly limited in scope. Their contracts don’t cover exactly a lot and are very specific for a reason (they don’t want to pay out).

With that being the case, I would still try to find a good one through Yelp or through another source (maybe your RE agent) but I would certainly bring your contractor especially if he/she is good so that another set of eyes can see what issues/costs may be on the horizon.

A professional home inspection protects both you and the buyer. It allows both you and the buyer the opportunity to learn about the property’s defects.

A home inspection usually covers the following:

• Plumbing conditions - if there is leakage or clogging
  • Roofing conditions - the extent of deterioration, if there is leakage
  • Electrical conditions - if there are inadequate circuits or potential fire hazards
  • Structural problems - if there are problems with the underlying foundation of your home