Home like this, Are they worth the price?

This is boulder creek, waterways behind, santa cruz mountains, but on the highway road near by restaurants, bus stops

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Boulder-Creek/15611-Highway-9-95006/home/2387689

Boulder Creek home on San Lorenzo River. Mostly level, sunny property with beautiful roses and a circular driveway. Interior is bright with open ceilings, Bamboo flooring, gas fireplace and an eat-in country kitchen. Separate laundry room. Chicken coop, storage. Next to the wonderful Garrahan Park with a playground and a large grassy field. Burger 9 and Mountain Store with metro bus stop are across the street. Just 30 minutes to Saratoga and Silicon Valley on Highway 9. What a beautiful commute!

Home like this, Are they worth the price Or risky assets?

It may be worth it if you like living in the mountains. I don’t think it will flood there because it is upstream on the San Lorenzo river. The Mountain store it refers to in the listing is in the northern end of boulder creek. Flooding will occur mostly downstream as you get closer to Santa Cruz. Also because it is on highway 9 it is on the grid so that’s another plus. You will get noise from highway traffic.

My stepson lived at a place above the Mountain Store that was off the Grid. They had to depend on solar, batteries, propane frig. That’s no way to live.

The bus stop they refer to goes to Santa Cruz, not to the valley.They do have bus service to the Valley but it goes down highway 17, not highway 9.

Remember its a 1940 building so you can count on a lot of repairs, but the price is right.

2 Likes

At least it is safe to occupy, not like this one.

Yes, I have seen this. County issue, may be tear down. " County violation for slide behind home"