Housing Values May Fall As Boomers Die Off Or Sell Off

Ill be there to scoop them up

Can’t read it blocked by the communist Washington Post.
Heard this story before. Seems ridiculous. We have an extreme housing shortage where people and jobs are. The boomers are already 10% gone . Millennials are already larger in population. None of them want to work in construction. Building is becoming less and less possible or affordable. There is an infinite supply of immigrants. Let more in and a population shortage is solved. Rent control movements alone makes this whole notion a non starter

Talk to UCLA about my properties…

Hey when do i meet my step mom?

This has been predicted for decades, may be true elsewhere but house prices in SV is not affected by that.

The prices will fall where they are already weak like the Midwest and Vermont. Will rise in warm weather states.

Info in article is good for retirees not for landlords since those retirees are going to buy not rent. For landlords, we want to go where the millennials, especially those with degrees, are going.

1 Like

Aren’t there two generations bigger than the boomers who are adults hitting home buying age and will be that age in another 10 years?

Gen-X caused the 2008-1012 housing bust.

Millenials will cause the exact opposite of a housing bust.

Ain’t millennials are a lost generation? Most of them are renters. I think gen Z is the hope.
Anyhoo I am targeting to rent to millennials.

I thought the boomers were the biggest capita per year.

All of this is irrelevant since we can do whatever the heck we want population-wise by letting in immigrants.

1 Like

:+1: Hopefully you’re not referring to undocumented. Those can’t buy houses & pay good rents, only create low rent rent-control neighborhoods :frowning:

In Los Angeles, it’s roughly

Hispanic = white + Asian + Black

It’s already fully diversified. Maybe LA will become the capital of rent control.

“The racial/ethnic/cultural composition of Los Angeles as of the 2005-2009 American Community Survey was as follows:[2]

Hispanic or Latino (of any race): 47.5%
Non-Hispanic Whites: 29.4%
Asian: 10.7%
Black or African American: 9.8%
Two or more races: 2.8%
Native American: 0.5%
Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander: 0.2%”

I’m not. I’m referring to documented, admitted, green card, etc. people.

1 Like

I have a coworker. 33 y.o. His grand father passed away. Guess what? They sold granddad’s house in Daly City and divided all money between 3 sons (sons of passed away granddad). And those 3 sons had enough money for downpayments for 3 houses around. So, in this instance - 1 passes away baby boomer created “-2” units around Daly City and SSF…

3 Likes

Total number of houses stay the same in Daly City. There are just 2 new 50 year old buyers.

I’m surprised that these 3 50 year old sons are still renters.

See, I should show your post to my dear old Mom. She thinks the future gens of her kids are going to keep the old family house in the family. Yeah, right…

1 Like

While working my 9-5 job and driving all over peninsula - it surprised me how many 50 y.o. renters around, alcohol, drugs, how many weird familily’s situations, how many elder ppl got abused (including financilal abuse - some old folks loosing houses for nothing), how many houses will go to the State after death of the owner etc, etc… Oh, Boy… we just don’t want to know about it… its comfortable to live without knowing it… but its depressingly sad…

1 Like