How Bay Area returns ! An example from reddit. Edited/removed some contents

Sure, i guess, that’s true.

1 Like

Other than that, I do have a crystal ball :crystal_ball:

People who think the market is AT THE TOP should also give credible reasons why they think so.

2 Likes

Last time, when he sold, he would not have similar cash flow.

This time, he has better cash flow as rent $10000, he may likely hold, even at top, as he can get continuous better cash flow.

Second, even if there is a fall, it is no secret, we will not have 2008-2011 kind of fall.

There is no point in speculating real estate this time as his cash flow benefits him long term holding .

1 Like

Wrong inference. I am thinking what signals/ factors he monitor to decide is not at the top yet or has he decided to change strategy to build a rental stream?

$10k net?

Yes, he said net!

I saw my friends bought 6 Sacramento homes in 2009-2010 timeframe ( range 150k-180k Multiple Short sales) , now renting 10k + rent. They bought those SS with full cash paid at Natomas location.

Exactly, any one bought real estate assets pre-2012 is almost like your AAPL or WQJ’s FB kind of holding. Those produces ever lasting cash flow that outperform the benefit of sell ( pay tax ) and buy. There is no point of selling pre-2012 assets at any time future unless they fall below 50% of value (as of now )

3 Likes