How common are $350K salaries in the Bay Area?

whole bay area looks shit. all houses are old 2m$ shacks at the maximum.

1 Like

Realty trac charges for it. Iā€™m not sure of a free source.

1 Like

Go buy in Antioch. Those shacks only cost $400k. More bang for your buck!

I once got some car work done from someone in Mountain View where he worked out of his home.
I couldnā€™t believe how bad his 2.5M(market price today) looked. :slight_smile: The roof external height was short, was those midget houses ( not sure what they are called)

Easier to tell, but hard to practice :laughing::sweat_smile:

You are not alone :rofl::rofl: I regret not buying (walked out of offer) this home.
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Sunnyvale/1094-Lily-Ave-94086/home/1452957
Now, Svl is beyond my rangeā€¦:scream:

2 Likes

So, I see FOMO among members here too :slight_smile:

1 Like

REF members = beautiful wives + younger side piece + ruled by wives + handsome young men IRL + grouchy old man complex. Oh and they keep cash under their mattress.

I was going to comment on the foreclosure thing too, but I thought Iā€™d just let it slide. I cannot predict the future, but we clearly see there isnā€™t enough social willpower to really make foreclosures happen.

2 Likes

Stereotyping too much. Not one person here fits all of those criteria. :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™ll take the first two stereotypes. You guys can keep the rest!

1 Like

??

wuqijun only experience occasional tantrum throwing by a few female bloggers, he has yet to experience the real thing :sweat:

1 Like

The governing bodies/government stepped in the last time around. The amount of time for an actual foreclosure to happen is in the years timeframe. 1479 Hamilton PA is an example. Shoulda coulda woulda.

2 Likes

No way I donā€™t plan to marry empress dowager hereā€¦ :rofl:

Are there any 3 obediences and 4 virtues ladies still around?
Modern women behaves like tigresses :sob:

1 Like

Please share, I want to hear about real estateā€¦

What has happened to 1479 Hamilton?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Palo-Alto/1479-Hamilton-Ave-94301/home/1042642

Most 350k earners donā€™t FIRE in 10 years, or even 20 years. I think the answer is the same for 1M earners.

1 Like

Yes, why FIRE when you are earning so much? :rofl:

1 Like

It all depends on if they are $350k spenders or not. For whatever reason, immigrants seem to have more discipline towards saving. Americans want instant gratification. You can see it in small habits:

1. Sharing a commute car with spouse
  2. Bringing lunch vs going out
  3. Saving RSU vesting for a home vs. spending it on vacations
2 Likes

Actually, I want to ask:

How do you FIRE in 10 years with 350k annual income? Whatā€™s the passive income after 10 years to FIRE?

If I give you and your spouse a job with 350k total per year within a 10 year contract starting today 5/3/2018, you are guaranteed to be jobless in 2028. Whatā€™s your plan to FIRE in 2028? Itā€™s a full time job at a typical tech company as an engineers.

1. Assuming you have a working spouse and 2 young kids.
  2. Assuming your spouse is a stay at home mom.
  3. Assuming you are single, no dependent.
1 Like

These immigrants are stingy misers. I despise themā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like