How does a novice/a newbie become an experienced flipper in current market

The way I look at partners is you half the profit and double the risk…But if a prospective partner brings me a deal where I can make more money with less work, then I might make a deal…Like Shark Tank…If I am in the driver’s seat and make the terms, then maybe…I invest a lot with syndicators…I put in small amounts with developments with 2-3 year time frames. .15-30% IRR. …Low risk, no work and a good long term cap gain payday…But flippers rarely have enough profit to share…Did 6 last year in Stockton. .Partner did all the work, I got about a 15% annualized return…not bad but highly taxable ordinary income…short term gain…I would rather just buy hold for a couple of years, collect rents, do less rehab work and maybe exchange out…Avoiding or delaying taxes…

3 Likes

How do syndicators work? Is it like a REIT at a small scale?

Limited for qualified individuals. .Basically they invite you…Private deals limited to 35 max…Usally less than 20 investors… No liquidity. …High management costs, but high returns…More like a hedge fund than a REIT…

Maybe some day we can form a syndicator. Is it only allowed for accredited investors?

1 Like

Shoot, I am sure each of us have some ca$h sitting around waiting for some decent action to go in on. Uh, if condo project, count me out…:slight_smile:

1 Like

You can form you own TIC…Don’t need to be accredited. …But lawyers are needed when you have 5 or more investors. .Need to set up an LLC…Need an experienced general partner and need lots of cash…

1 Like

This group sure have lots of cash. They are fishing in the “real” Bay Area.

Right… The question isn’t where are they, it’s whether they’re still friends.

1 Like

What subject? Ropes of doing a business? Technicals of the business? Don’t most founders go for areas that they are already familiar with the technicals of the business? Learn the ropes of doing a business along the way? So for most startups, it becomes true that “he masters the subject” alone.