How to explain climate change to your kids

How to explain climate change to your kids and woke culture too…

2 Likes

One man’s answer to climate change.
Lord is it ugly.

I bet with small adjustments it look nicer. Question is how hot it is in the summer.

Maybe reversible siding and roofing tiles are the ultimate solution.

This looks weird too when you first see it (like seriously, how do they keep it so clean???), but it sure makes sense:

In the old days in Europe the farmers would keep the farm animals downstairs in the winter. The animals would keep the upstairs warm. Never mind the smell.

1 Like

Or just do what they did with my house and orient the large picture windows so the sun shines in all winter but not in summer when it’s high in the sky. Right now my heat has stopped going on. It’s 28 outside.

3 Likes

My mother’s farm family in South Dakota did something similar. (This is in the 1920s, 30s & 40s).

When the snow was piling up as high as the house, they’d create a tunnel out to the barn and leave the barn doors open to help keep the house warm. Heat from the cows.

The kids - all 15 of them - also gathered cow dung in the summer as it dried in the fields. They stacked it against the outside of the barn wall to burn in the winter for warmth.

There was/is a very distinct lack of trees in that part of South Dakota. Trees only grew down along the streambeds.

My late mother always said she had a good, clean life as a child. They lived the kind of life that Konstantin Kisin ascribes to Russian peasants in the video above. Maybe because my grandparents were German immigrants from Russia. Part of a large, German diaspora that had moved into Russia. By the mid 19th century, their numbers totaled several million Then, in the late 1800s, they began to migrate again, particularly to the U.S. in the Dakotas, Minnesota, etc.

2 Likes

I have a neighbor near my farm with a $1210 PGE bill for a modest 1800 house in Eldorado Hills. I can run my pellet stove all day for $7. But I’m only there 8-10 a month and only a few hours a day. So my heating bill is about $100/m and my electric bill is about $150.
For a 2400sf house.
Thanks to the environmentalists we will all be living in in unheated housing like our ancestors. Maybe then will become as smart as they were and throw the environmental Nazis out of power.
I wonder what Greta heats her house with? Hot air?.
We already know Al Gore heats his house with bullshit

2 Likes

Doesn’t the Sac AQMD have designated “no burn” days applicable to El Dorado Hills?

The “no burn” days in the Bay Area were a major reason I have two, out of service, pellet stoves.

I now have natural gas fireplace inserts. And the state is moving to ban those too!

I started, in the 1980s with a homemade, wood burning insert in my fireplace. Used to collect driftwood in the delta, cut it up and age it to burn.

Later, on to buying almond trees in orchards in East County that were being cleared for new housing developments. $15/tree. My neighbors and I shared trucks and chainsaws and did this as a group. We’d rent a log splitter and go from house to house splitting and stacking the almond. No more polluting that the farmers piling up the trees in the middle of the field and burning them in the fall.

Had to move to an EPA approved stove by the late 1980s. To comply with regulations.

Changed out to pellet stoves in the 1990s because of 'no burn" days that prohibited me from burning wood in a woodstove.

When they applied the “no burn” policies to pellet stoves, I changed again. To natural gas fireplace inserts.

Each of those steps cost me at least $1,000. But, the fuel source was still cheaper than PG&E provided, natural gas. And, I admit, I loved the ambiance.

Now, they’re trying to chase me out of the ng inserts too!

Several areas have banned fireplaces in new construction. I know people, Marinites no less, that have had their fireplaces removed from their homes in an effort to comply with what seems to be coming. And, some of these same areas have banned natural gas service at all in new construction lately.

I see what’s coming. And, it saddens me greatly that my granddaughter will never get to go camping and sit around the campfire at night and sing songs with all her freinds.

What just confounds me though, is reading and seeing pictures of home building and design magazines or online ideas about great fireplaces in homes today…in other states where none of this has happened!

I love you brave new world.

2 Likes

I had one of those EPA compliant wood stoves in La Honda. Never worried about no burn days. They operate at such high temperatures that there was only smoke out the stovepipe for the first 5 minutes.

2 Likes

Yeah. Welcome to Kommifornia…

That’s because people in the BA and LA control politics in Komifornia. I am in Albany for a few days. Slept with window open even in this rain. I forgot how we almost always slept with windows open even in the winter. They don’t understand how cold obit is in the mountains. My tenant at my farm has gone through 3 150 gallon tanks of propane this winter…@ 1200’ elevation
As a kid my bedroom was a converted garage… no heat.
In the BA and LA people actually could live with no heat… they may have to thanks to the greenies. But in reality almost 50% of California electric power generation comes from natural gas.

While Biden sets impossible mileage requirements for cars Germany takes out a windfarm to get at the coal underneath.
https://balkangreenenergynews.com/wind-farm-in-germany-is-being-dismantled-to-expand-coal-mine/

1 Like

And they’re taking out the town next to it too. Wow.

At least now there’s transparency about the agenda. It’s the agenda some have been pointing out for years.

2 Likes

https://web.archive.org/web/20230606153337/https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/jun/06/too-late-now-to-save-arctic-summer-ice-climate-scientists-find

They are so doom and gloom. They are trying to scare people into action. Now they are saying there’s no point in trying. Cool.

We can only hope that the folk who believe this get too depressed to vote.

1 Like

The lack of summer sea ice is a good thing. It could make usage of the Northwest passage a reality. Global warming has a lot of advantages like more crops in the northern hemisphere. That’s why they changed the name to climate change. Warm weather is welcoming not scary enough like climate change
One of the heroes of the environmental movement just killed himself… the Unabomber. Others like Rachel Carson and the Population Bomb author have been totally discredited. Futurists need to be held accountable. Just like in this article the guy even admitted he was wrong. Why do we keep listening to these doomsday prognosticators?

2 Likes