How to make $2,000 a month in passive income

“The rich do not work for money,” Kiyosaki once said in an interview with MarketWatch. “If you act like a mule, chasing the carrot — the buck, the bonus, the paycheck, the commission, whatever you guys chase, you’re never going to ask the question: what are the rich working for? I work for assets.”

True?

2 Likes

I like it. It’s an investment mentality.

Firstly, you already know W2 is modern slavery. I guess you are asking whether the rich work for assets. Just assets? Shouldn’t it be income generating assets or appreciating assets? Implied in his statement? In any case, just his way of saying let money works for you.

1 Like

Rich investors know than when they lose they win, and when they win they win.

You need to study Warren Buffet and other big hitters. They don’t invest their money if they know there won’t be a protection for their losses under a tax code.

They use OPM, other people’s money. They leverage money.
You guys may not know it, but when the bank receives your $10K deposit, they can go to the feds and get $40K and they may put the % returns as collateral. Then, graciously they ask you if you need a loan for 9% to 29.9%, with your own money. :laughing:
That is OPM.

Do you think that when you open a 401K, Roth IRA, etc, the agent doesn’t get his cut in such a way it doesn’t make sense? Why? Because anything is collateralized. That’s how life insurance = mortgages/loans work, they are a collateral against your death benefit or your home. Easy money, no hard work for them.

Venture capitalists may apply what wuqijun is describing, they thrive on asset appreciation. $1 can be turned into $20 very easily in a short period of time. They put their $1, based on the hard work of many employees and management working on a project aka Google or Facebook.

If you want to succeed in life, work on learning how to beat Uncle Sam. Plenty of tax loopholes out there, you just need to find the right guy or company for advise.

OPM, the only way to go.

Been trying to get my head around this lately on a project I’m working on. I have the technical know how and have picked up a lot of due diligence skills to buy an under valued asset class that makes good returns but… I’m running out of capital.

While I plan to reinvest the income, OPM sure would make the income grow faster.

Problem is, the fear. What if something goes wrong? What if they want their money back?

I look at the persons ability to understand the risk involved, I have some friends who understand what I am investing in and follow along with my investments so they can take advantage of the work I do finding great investments with low risk.
If someone wants to invest but they really can not understand the risks then I just borrow money from them and pay a set interest rate, that way they are not taking any risk.
As far as wanting their money back, you just need to set expectations going in so they know what will happen,

1 Like