I'll just rent and vent I guess :-) Newcomer observations

Do tell? Fire?

I have already discovered this. I laid out our furniture in a CAD program and discovered that although we are gaining 600 sq ft, a lot of that is in an increased # of bathrooms (which believe me people are sooooo waiting for), and the ability to have a guest room and 3 ft walkways around furniture.

I really managed to pack a lot of stuff into this house.

1 Like

Amen!!! I have been living in the one near Westborough practically every weekend now. Yes, joined the club for discountsā€¦

1 Like

I taught my husband how to do laundry without needing to iron, itā€™s called put in dryer for 3-4 minutes then take out and hang up wet / use wrinkle release spray - never need to iron since then.

3 Likes

That, or just hanging the clothing in question in the bathroom while showering. The steam works on some clothesā€¦

I actually do my own ironing of my dress shirts for work. Iā€™ve done it since out of college. More recently, I bought one of those nice, light steam irons that have a huge water reservoir. I fill that baby up, turn on a sports game and have at it for say a dozen shirts. Zip right through them without needing a refillā€¦

2 Likes

OSH is more expensive than Home Depot or Lowes but there is a reason for going there. The people that work there know their stuff. I was going to reface my old vanity (I already put a new granite top, new faucet and new sink in then decided the cabinet wasnā€™t good enough). I went to OSH to get a router to make the new doors and talked to the person working there. He actually took the router out of the box and showed me how to use it, how to make adjustments for the perfect depths that I wanted and helped me pick out drill bits to use on the new cabinet doors. You would never get that kind of service at Home Depot. itā€™s too bad thereā€™s not one near where I live now.

2 Likes

I mean, I havenā€™t had a fire yet fortunately. Iā€™ve already relied on my neighbors to check on the house say when our security alarm goes off. Itā€™s just helpful to always be on good terms for times like that.

1 Like

I agree 100%. I recently bought a bbq gas grill from Orchard because I originally went to Loweā€™s to get 5% off through their CC and their service was horrid. I was there about 1 hour trying to buy a bbq that they had in stock at another store. They couldnā€™t properly execute the transaction and at one point a worker helped another worker before me, a customer! I ended up just leaving for Orchard (Millbrae). While the store is a little more chill, they def. care about their customers.

1 Like