I'm looking to buy a home in Bentonville AR. Would you say this is a future-proof investment, or am I throwing away money in the long run?

I’m considering buying a home in Bentonville, but I’m unsure whether or not this would be a good investment for the future. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello,
In my opinion, it’s a good investment and I’ll tell you why:

1. Bentonville is in one of the fastest growing areas in United Stated
  2. Fuel costs in Bentonville are low
  3. A mid-size home rarely costs more than $250.000
  4. Food is relatively inexpensive
  5. Utility costs are low

Overall, Bentonville has an attractively low cost of living. This considered, I can’t think of anything that might stop you from buying a house in Bentonville.I highly recommended using one of real estate agents in bentonville to help in your search for a suitable home.

Who cares?

2 Likes

You might be nearly all paid for your home in Bentonville for the amount you will need just to make a down payment for a home in SFBA.

Never heard of it.

From https://www.arkansas.com/bentonville:

“Bentonville is a place like no other, a place of ideas, innovation and inspiration. No longer just known as the corporate headquarters for Walmart, this small town of 49,000 boasts a bounty for visitors and residents alike.”

If the entire town is employed by Walmart, I’d stay away. You want a place where the job market–and therefore house value–isn’t going to tank if one company goes down.