Important: Eliminate Rent Control? KQED online surveys

Do you want to eliminate rent control? Or do you want to expand rent control?

KQED is conducting an online survey. Please vote with your informed opinion. Just go to the very end of the article, VOTE and give your input.

2 Likes

Let keep track how many people voted.

I just voted “Eliminate”

2 Likes

What’s the point of voting for this online survey? Vote for what matters - in November.

3 Likes

To make people think that it’s ok not to want rent control and that they’re not in the minority.

1 Like

Voting in the online survey is very important since media is not helping us.

Remember the days that Trump got good results in online survey but bad results in formal polls? Online survey is more important than you think. Your vote in November is only 1 vote. Your online vote can be multiples to 100k votes in November. We are at a disadvantage in the formal media since our voice is filtered out. We can only rely on the online survey to get our voice out.

Tenant organizations have controlled the media. They don’t need to go to work and they can lobby with the journalists 365 days a year. We have to work to feed ourselves, no government money for landlord groups.

1 Like

I just voted to push it to 80% Eliminate. I agree with @harriet though. It’s pretty meaningless.

2 Likes

You have to realize who are the audiences. Who is more likely to read this article, or read anything on KQED.

2 Likes

The highly educated people, aka liberals. :smile:

1 Like

Doesn’t matter. It’s just a way to mobilize the people who are against rent control.

Once we have a good results, we can share in the social media. Other formal media will report on it, try to dispute it.

This is how those Trump supporters gained confidence. Without online survey, Trump supporters would have given up on Trump and go fishing instead of go voting or go to rallies

Really? Do highly educated people read anything other than online news? I only read KQED stuff when you guys post it or I’m reallllly tired reallllly late at night and ended up there after a couple of drinks…err I mean clicks.

1 Like

“I have other ideas” was my choice. Just because i’m marginal.

1 Like

That’s still good for us. Thanks!

Political apathy will not be cured by these surveys. Landlords tend to be the highly motivated bunch. What you need to worry about is renters far outnumber landlords.

1 Like

KQED and public radio in general are considered pretty elitist I think. Definitely not Joe Sixpack material.

1 Like

We need to let the elitists know that rent control needs to be eliminated.

Media used to be the one way tool for the elitists to lecture us. Now they are forced to make it interactive to stay relevant. This poll is a way for the media to engage us and avoid closing doors.

It’s heartbroken to see the low confidence level from the landlords. The effort to repeal Costa Hawkins has little chance to succeed, but many landlords in SF are thinking that it’s going to be the law.

We need to let those uninformed landlords know that they are not alone.

@BAGB you should run for SF mayor next time. I’ll vote for you. Oh wait, I can’t because I don’t live in SF…:joy:

2 Likes

I enjoy sporadic effort to mobilize you guys instead of being a full time politician. Not saying I have any chance at all.

SF probably doesn’t require IDs. If you looked distraught enough you could probably vote twice.

2 Likes

We need @BAGB to bring a lawsuit all the way to the Supreme Court. By the time it gets there we may be living in handmaid’s tale with 7-2 conservative majority. :cry:

1 Like

@marcus335 said the same thing. I am not a citizen yet, but turns out,california doesn’t require ids :stuck_out_tongue: which is … funny.

1 Like