In This Instance Trump Ok, Bannon No Way!

I wouldn’t count on it, unless they are a part of Trump’s inner circle.

Only good thing to come from this.

So how many of those celebrities are actually moving? Many seemed to be joking.

I won’t move immediately, but would consider it. Wife is from much cheaper COL country, so it would be easy. Right now US is more stable country but if that changes its my escape haych

Going to the dark side…

Haven’t seen the KKK so excited before…

Sessions actually prosecuted a KKK member and got the death the penalty. .The age of misinformation rules…

I think that is why David Duke is urging others to get on Sessions’ case

Pro-life for whites, pro-sterilization for other races- not affirmative action (for whites), it’s the will of God…Right. But we’ll try to make it law for those who don’t believe. :fearful:

Which civil rights do you anticipate losing? I supported Trump entirely based on civil rights and not based on any economic issues. The right to your own property safe from various “takings.” The right to keep and bear arms. The right to free speech (Hillary wanted to bring back the so called “fairness doctrine”).
I’m delighted that we didn’t suffer the predicted financial shock from a Trump victory but would have supported him even if it cut my net worth in half - permanently. Wealth without rights just isn’t worth having.

2 Likes

I expect Bannon, Sessions etc to tilt the law against minorities. It will not look like that to the majorities, because to the majorities we should not “favor” the minorities.

The most blatant example is the voting rights act. The Supreme Court said we are now “post racial” and we should not subject the Southern states to a different standard than the North. But after they overthrew the law we saw many Southern states did just that, put up new road blocks and restrictions to minorities casting their votes.

Another issue is police brutality. We have a militarized police that are trigger happy, particularly to minorities. All these “tough on crime” rhetoric of Bannon and Sessions etc means the Trump administration and the Justice Department in particular will be far less likely to investigate and persecute these incidents. We have well documented biases in how police departments treat different races.

The LGBTQ community have plenty of reasons to fear given VP Pence’s record. Reproductive rights are also under attack.

To me the Trump admin is validating the worst case scenario on civil rights issues. I plan to donate to ACLU to keep a vigilant eye on Trump.

Exactly @manch. Look, I hope that I’m wrong. I hope that he is an advocate for the equal rights of all our citizens regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender and sexual orientation. His campaign rhetoric fueled a lot of hate and his cabinet picks don’t give me much hope that it was just rhetoric. I’m prepared to actively oppose him with both my time and money if he pushes policies that are racist, homophobic, xenophobic, or sexist.

1 Like

Don’t bring the BS narrative of police brutality into this. It’s not supported by objective data.

2 Likes

No kidding. I hope Sessions puts an end to the race baiting that’s ruining law enforcement all over the country and driving up violent crime rates everywhere. The police are now afraid to act. It started with Obama’s famous "beer summit"and just kept going. Despicable.
Oh and Manch -having to show ID to vote - just like one would have too to buy a 6pack - is hardly a “restriction to minorities.” Too bad we’re so loose here; kind of casts doubt on whether Hillary’s popular vote win was even legitimate. And what does the LGBTQ have to worry about? Which bathroom they can use?

I want to sincerely thank Manch for this forum. …We disagree politically but this forum is one of the few places where I have seen adult discourse without rancor…My facebook friends were fighting before the election and now it is even worse. .I just got an email from a neighbor that was linked to a Facebook rant that accused all Trump voters of being racist…Not sure if it was directed toward me personally or if she was just howling at the moon…I personally cant stand Trump but I can understand the anger on both sides.

7 Likes

As sample size is small here, fringe nutjobs outside the bell are missing. Better educated, less rileable (not easily riled up), open to debate.
Even if many here are chasing investment, I hate the drive for money but understand the smarts involved, there aren’t any cutthroat slumlords.
Thank y’all.

1 Like

This is a small group compared to my hundreds of friends on Facebook…Plus it is anonymous. …Friends that disagree about politics get into nasty fights…

1 Like

Exactly. In fact, I have a feeling even if they are part of Trump’s inner circle we might be surprised with Trump’s tweets or comments on this topic.

I have a feeling after 4 or 8 years Trump’s actual wealth might be what he claims to be today. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

For Hillary fans…Time to get over it…She was no more a saint than Trump is the devil…I remember how long it took for people to get over Gore’s loss…Hopefully her grieving fans can move on, because the country needs to…

1 Like

Oh, ok, he’s an economic nationalist… no worries then, move along people…move along, nothing to see here :slight_smile:

There are Hillary FANS? I though they all just hated Trump.

1 Like

People should look at who’s leading the polls in France. She wants to drop the euro as a currency and is anti Muslim immigration. I’m starting to think multiculturalism could die within a generation. It isn’t working. The happiest countries are small ones that are very homogenous. Even in the bay are where we claim to be diverse, we live in very segregated neighborhoods.

Hey, come on, Chinatown SF is getting really gentrified mighty quick…:slight_smile: