International News and Events - economic cooperation and competition

I have a lot of problems with Biden but trashcanistan really isn’t one of them. It was going to be a disaster no matter what the timeframe for leaving. The only other option would have been to stay forever.

2 Likes

Did anybody see how quickly the hair sniffing potato/jellobrain exited the stage after his speech on Afghanistan yesterday?

Check 19:28 in the video below.

If the US goal was to capture Osama Bin Laden and dismantle the infrastructure of terrorism (to revenge 9/11,) the USA should have quit shortly after Osama was captured in 2011 (10 years ago). I think defense contractors were making tons of money in this phony war against terrorism and causing unrest all over the world (like Arab Spring). Of the 900 Billion USD spent on Afghanistan, very little went to train Afghan Army, as we find out that US trained Afghan army did not fire a single shot against Taliban. Actually, lot of people think that USA captured Afghan President Ghani, asked him to leave, and invited/facilitated Taliban to quietly take over Afghanistan.

900 billion. Brings a tear to my eye. There was a time when that was a lot of money.
Now we can blow that much and more in less than a year paying people not to look for work.

1 Like

Obama would do the same thing. Rarely took questions.

An interesting take on what is Indo-Pacific. Long but an interesting article for someone with an interest in geo-politics. I have identified three (or four) changes driving the world for next fifty years.

1. Middle East diversifying from oil based economy
  2. China trying to shed its image as supplier of low margin products from labor intensive manufacturing (and move to high tech areas like semiconductors and AI).
  3. India prizing its autonomy and not being part of one alliance or the other.
  4. Declining ability of the United States to influence the world through aid and millitary.

Some Interesting Trivia.

Biden and Harris met with PM of India, Mr Modi ,during his recent visit.

1. Harris was gifted a cutting of publication in which hiring of her grandfather, PV Gopalan, by then government was announced. This custom of notifying the name of hired person was very common in British system for high rank govt officials. Some of them were called gazetted (a gazette means a journal or a register) officers. Some were commissioned, some were warranted.

2. Biden mentioned that he has heard of one of his relative (a descendant of his forefathers but in a different branch) lived in Bombay during British times.

3. Suga (Japanese PM) was gifted a Buddha carved in Sandalwood.

4. Morrison was gifted a ship made of colored ceramic and covered with mosaic.

Also, Harris was also given a ceramic and mosaic chess. Chess was invented in India.

@hanera @manch

Traitor. They prospered in China and now turned their back. His wife is friend of a powerful CCP figure and she probably also 礼貌性上床.

DXP was down at least twice and rise back as the paramount leader.

Anyhoo, this is an anti-China propaganda by Aussie. As if their governments don’t make people disappear.

1 Like
1 Like

The law is extremely clear. Nothing to do with human rights.

1 Like

Some time it occurs to me that these rights group are only for the rights of wrong people - shop lifters, criminals, rioters, terrorists, etc. The good people will not need these guys (various rights groups) anyway.

What kind of equivalence is this? Can you tell me what is wrong in the first picture that you equate it with second? The picture on top is a meeting of religious leaders with the state Chief Minister who was elected by people with a thumping super majority. In India people are free to practice religion and government is run by consent of governed. The second picture is of Taliban that is yet to form a government, and has not been recognized by UN or international community, and came in after overthrowing a legitimate government.

https://t.co/HuB5kOHElq