Is This Another Case Of NIMBY?

They should stop approving more office construction then. What do they think is going to happen when more offices are built?

Ok, so add Mountain View to Palo Alto as opposed to Wiener’s bill…

“Earlier this month, Mountain View Mayor Lenny Siegel wrote to Wiener outlining his concerns with Senate Bill 827, saying it would cripple the city’s ability to extract concessions from housing developers.”

Are they the mafia or a city government? Local budgets are increasing at 5%+ a year while inflation is under 2%, and all you here are local governments crying about how they don’t have enough money. If someone turns an empty lot or even a single store building into a luxury high rise, how much is that going to increase local property tax revenues? They want to extract extra concessions on top of that?

“A better plan, he suggests, would be for the state lawmakers to provide more incentives for encouraging housing, such as extra funding for transit projects.”

They want even more money.

2 Likes

Hey @Elt1, did you use to hang out here? It was around in my younger years but I didn’t get a chance to ever check it out. Damn neighborhood NIMBYs at it again… Uh, it was fine before, no???

Never did, but had a girlfriend on that street. Probably my favorite SF neighborhood.

2 Likes

http://www.sfexaminer.com/third-baptist-church-opposes-plans-housing-historically-protected-building/

Not very Christian of them

1 Like

You know how it is, eventually, your true colors will reveal themselves…

I always wanted to buy a church and convert into housing. Most are empty 99% of the time.

Yes, that would be cool but I don’t know if I could have sex with my wife in the sanctuary with The Man looking down at me (us). Let’s just say, performance anxiety…:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Tell her to dress like a nun. Kinky fun

1 Like

Fine, shut it down and you get zero (affordable) housing…

http://www.sfexaminer.com/excelsior-youth-say-mixed-use-housing-proposal-feed-displacement/

No one can afford to build “affordable “
housing… including the government

1 Like
1 Like

Not Stanford!!!

1 Like

We discussed this before I think, but it is truly the classic case of why the leadership (Planning and Board of Supes in the Fab 7x7) is so lacking when it comes to addressing the housing crisis.

It is clear the BOS has no clue. They merely pander to their base with shit that solves nothing. Example of hot air doing nothing. Make a statement and provide no funding or enforcement

1 Like

Yes, hence my “Def Of Idiots” thread…

The idiots are the voters who have allowed them to pull this shit for 50 years

Newsom was the master of pandering.
Allow gay marriage that he knew would be shot down by the State. Meanwhile the homeless got nothing but BS and the Democrats lost the Presidency. Newsom made it easy for Bush to run against them SF liberals.