Jack Ma: US wasted trillions on warfare instead of investing in infrastructure

Chinese billionaire Jack Ma says the US wasted trillions on warfare instead of investing in infrastructure

He said too much money flows to Wall Street and Silicon Valley. Instead, the country should be helping the Midwest, and Americans “not good in schooling,” too.

He said the U.S. has wasted over $14 trillion in fighting wars over the past 30 years rather than investing in infrastructure at home.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/01/18/chinese-billionaire-jack-ma-says-the-us-wasted-trillions-on-warfare-instead-of-investing-in-infrastructure.html

Jack needs to shut his trap and look at how his country is before knocking the US.

1 Like

Well, USA could use some planned economy and learn from China. We should send some of our brightest students to China to learn more about planned economy.

Uh, no. We don’t need to learn from a country that has massive pollution problems, rampant corruption and a abysmal human rights record. Again, why is everyone sending money out as fast as they can if China were so great???

1 Like

“The problem is the fake products today are of better quality and better price than the real names. They are exactly the [same] factories, exactly the same raw materials but they do not use the names,”

you want to buy a Rolex for Rmb25 [$4], you can only be blamed for being too greedy

Don’t you love this guy…

I remember alibaba(1688) went on IPO in hong kong couple years ago, then stock price went below ipo after few yrs, then he bought back the company and went private.

His intension all written from the name of the company ALIBABA(alibaba and the 40 thievs)

don’t believe anything this guy say, although he’s smart as hell

Yeah, until China can come up with its own true ideas/products that can stand scrutiny, I ain’t impressed. Years ago, sure, I drank the Kool-Aid with everyone else as we were taught China is the destination and place to be. Well, perhaps still down the road (granted when we are all long gone) but not in the near term anyway, far from it…

1 Like

Because of Jack Ma’s Alibaba, many SMEs are doing well and logistics to remote places improve significantly. He contributed much to the well being of ordinary citizens.

However, a business being as large as Alibaba, he is now obliged to speak for China and CCP or his business could suffer. His recent speeches contain some propaganda + messages from CCP. That shouldn’t erase his contributions, just survival.

1 Like

Now you drink USG’s Kool-Aid. In general, don’t trust politicians.

Plenty, you just refuse to acknowledge them. No idea is 100% original… all copied or modified from somewhere.

But again, isn’t that a fundamental “flaw” of being in China? Hong Kongers can say all they want, but there is always going to be the possibility that Big Brother is going to come down hard on you…any minute. You can say all you want, but true Democracy is priceless.

That is the difference between you and me. I don’t believe in true democracy. Didn’t bought the democracy Kool-Aid.

Come on now, China takes it to a whole new level. Please.

You should study America in early days… what did those entrepreneurs did and what did those soldiers did.

Again, @hanera, you say stuff like this, but somehow, some way you ARE here in the US… Did I ever say the US was perfect? I repeat: do not bite the hand that feeds you, my friend…

Not sure about your point.

(press repeat) Did i ever say the US was perfect? Everything, everything is relative.

Why are you criticizing China now? China is not perfect. They are behaving much better than USA in early days.

The point is that AT LEAST HERE in the US, you have the privilege to voice out about the government without fear that someone knocking on your door to take your arse away. Big difference, my friend…

If you value that. In Singapore, is risky to voice against the government too. Many still vote for PAP willingly… almost overwhelming support last GE.

I am just responding to what Jack is railing about the US. Have you heard the term, the kettle calling the pot black?