John Cox could beat Newsom to become governor

How about long term care cost on Arizona or Nevada? Is it much cheaper and better than California?

comes down to cost of skilled labor. LTC is expensive, just like childcare is expensive. In fact more so (due to more complications with age then children). Unless we can get people to live healthier till the very end (e.g. Japan) and start automating some stuff (e.g. Japan), not a lot of choices unless you move to a lower cost environment.

What does Japan do to make old people heathy?

Or is there anything in Japan to make sick old people to live less years than US?

More exercise (people take public transport and drive less), healthier diet. So they live healthier longer.

1 Like

How is alzerheimer in Japan? Does it happen less?

Is this really better? I think I would rather die in a rest home in Mexico.

Their obesity rate is far less than the US rate.

Migrant caravan no emergency for Gavin Newsom: He’d pull CA Guard from border

Democrat Gavin Newsom is sticking to the position he spelled out before the caravan of 7,000-plus Central Americans hit the road this month, aides said: He disagreed with Gov. Jerry Brown’s decision to deploy 400 California Guard troops at President Trump’s request in April, and if elected, he’d try to bring them back.

(https://www. sfchronicle. com/politics/article/Migrant-caravan-no-emergency-for-Gavin-Newsom-13337402.php)

reasonable position to save cost. The latest credible number is around 2000-3000. They are more then 1000 miles away. And about 1700 are working on getting asylum within Mexico. So there will only be a few 10s or 100s by the time they show up in a couple of months in the US border. Why do you want to waste money and people’s time waiting for months…

It is election politics. Trump pandering to his base.

They smoke like stacks. Not quite as much as the Chinese, but close. Maybe that’s it.

Hourly rates are around $13 an hour here; cheapest BA rate I could finds was about twice that. The caregivers are far more likely not to have a language or cultural barrier - something especially important when dealing with people in cognitive decline. Avoids further physical and mental problems.
The highest rated retirement home in Payson is about 3k a month.

Does the 3k retirement home provide any service?

Which place(s) did you check out? We checked out this place, which seemed like the Taj Majal quite frankly:

My mom had a deposit here - http://thesequoiaspv.org/
She got it back. By the time she really needed assistance she could no longer pass their entrance examination.

The usual assistance with dressing, meals and hygiene. Also group activities, tours, classes, lectures, etc. I think once you progress - or regress - to needing lots of attention you no longer get a private room; it’s double occupancy.

Of course you are paying for it, but the nice thing about Aegis Garden is that if you are on dialysis and need to go for treatment they will take you to the dialysis center twice a week. The family would take you on the 3rd day if say a weekend. You could double up or get your own private room. Come on, how bad can it be? They come and clean your room weekly and there are activities every day. They take you on outings too. Brother’s friend’s dad lived there for like 10 years well into his 90’s. Def not cheap, but what alternative do you have? Remember, you must have money to stay here…

My friend has had it with SF liberals and police nonchalant attitude.

Either law abiding people take the city back or SF and California are going down the tubes

RANSACKED BART TRAIN!!!

After a lovely dinner with the Zurich San Francisco Sister City Project, I was dropped off at the 24th Mission BART Station and this is what I walked onto, the first car where the conductor sits. I walked immediately to him and asked if he saw this. He said yes, it has happened before. The drug people come on board at night flip over the cushions and look for money. I asked to call the police and he just shrugged his shoulders. So I started taking pictures, I was so shocked and upset that people would do such a thing. If I was not so rattled I would have attempted a selfie interview or at least video taped the whole mess. In Castro Valley, I spoke to the Station attendant. She just asked if I reported it to the police as that was vandalism. I told her I am reporting to you BART as it is your property. She said it was no big deal as it happens all the time and it is what they call “Flipping”, the drug people come on board and flip over the cushions to look for any drugs and money. BART does nothing, I told her this is no way for anyone to live and is something society should not accept. A police report does no good as SF Police do not enforce the laws or see this as too petty of a crime. I see it as a VIOLATION TO ANYONE THAT RIDES BART! So will send this information to all the TV Stations. Oh, already spoke to a friend at one station and they said they have to be careful what stories they run, because it is BART. ???

Oh, and my car got broken into in Castro Valley, shocked to see that too. Grateful they did not break a window. Apparently, there are clickers that can open cars now. My wonderful welcome home from Europe where everything was pristine clean and I felt safe, even in Slovakia and Hungry countries that were behind the iron curtain. Sad to say I felt safer, the cities were much cleaner, the infrastructure was perfect. Truly makes California look like a poor country with our horrible roads and homeless all over, yet we are the 5th Worlds largest economy, so now I feel violated as a citizen that our State Legislators are mismanaging our tax dollars and are not taking care of the people of this state.

San Francisco is known to have 85 car break ins a day, now this issue on BART plus many others on BART, makes one feel not safe to go into San Francisco anymore. Why I also personally spoke to Mayor Mauch of Zurich to talk to San Francisco Mayor London Breed. As the first African American Female mayor, she would make history and leave a lasting legacy if could clean up San Francisco, and make it safe a beautiful again. Sending her good wishing that she has the Wisdom and Strength to make this happen.

We need CHANGE in this state, so you are welcome to share this post and spread the word. This is the reality of life in the San Francisco Bay Area now. Let’s be honest and truthful about it and not hide from it. I was also working with one of my clients SAP at Oracle Open World. So many foreigners at the show, all so shocked and saddened by how unsafe and dirty San Francisco is now. I end up telling them things to be aware of to protect themselves, and they say they have no desire to come back. So Sad…

The policies currently in place in California are not working, every Californian knows it. So, let’s have courage to step outside of our comfort zone and try something different, every person in this state deserves better. Let’s figure it out and make California safe, and beautiful and a place we can all be proud to call home.

1 Like