Late-Cycle Investing: Looking For Parallels In Previous Recessions

I thought that was going to be Musk.

Musk would still be in jail. :smile:

My crystal ball says Bezos will die from a heart attack and Musk will become a trillionaire.

My prediction is that Musk will be out of Tesla in a few months and it will get acquired by a tech giant at a lower valuation than it is today

2 Likes

Musk owns about 20% of Tesla and has a rabid fan base. I am not sure it will be that easy to kick him out.

Unfortunately he talked too much. The only way he will escape prison is by claiming that he was under the influence of some prescription medication, which he has already started. The board will have to let him go soon. The stock will start going down and Musk himself will want to get as much as he can for his 20%. That’s when the big guys will jump in. There is decent value in the brand. It’s already treated on par with BMW and Mercedes. That makes it easy for a big company wanting to get into auto industry. If no one comes forward you can count on GM to buy the brand.

I don’t think Elon will go to jail. He will probably be put on hiatus during the investigation and the case will end in some sort of lame civil settlement.

1 Like

Lawsuit only works when a company is in trouble. It doesn’t work against a juggernaut.

Judgement day tomorrow. Fasten your seatbelt. :scream:

Uh? Judge whom? Nothing’s happening tommorrow. Stop fearmongering.

Accounting rules have changed for revenue recognition. That’s as the biggest thing of SOx.

1 Like

Agree. It won’t be possible today with Sox.

1 Like

It just took us one month to get there (though he is still the chairman). Now let’s see who will bid for Tesla.

1 Like

According to the articles I read, he will give him chairmanship for at least 3 years, pay $20m fine, but he remains as ceo. This seems like a wristslap to me. He’s not going anywhere (for now).

But we have a whole dedicated thread for Tesla, so we should stick to that one for Tesla talk.